In-Game Mod Installer

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
After a long wait, it's finally here! The in-game mod installer menu to go along with Nim's mod API. This version is an early alpha so modders can get ready for a full release by adding and testing their stuff using the Mod Author Portal, and everyone can give it a test run so we can work out all the kinks.

This new menu can be found with a button right in the home screen. You'll need to install this like a normal DLL mod, however once you have, installing any mod, part pack, or texture pack becomes a one click affair! No more messing with your mod folder or trying to figure out multi-step instructions or dependencies and having to retry when it doesn't work, this'll do it for you.

Latest Release: v0.1.0-alpha

Latest Supported Game Version: v1.5.9.8

Download the latest release: ModInstaller.dll - GitHub

Installation instructions:

1. Download the latest DLL.
  2. Use the "Open Mods Folder" button in-game.
  3. Drag and drop the DLL into the mods folder.
  4. Restart the game.

1685203035440.png

You can check out the source code here: GitHub - Neptune-Sky/SFSModInstaller: Frontend for 0xNim's Mod Installer API

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Do u need to restart for each install after the mod installer is installed?
The mod installer will restart the game automatically once you installed everything you needed. You don't need to bother with that.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Do u need to restart for each install after the mod installer is installed?
Currently yes. In the future I will be looking into loading part packs and texture packs without a restart though. The installer will automatically restart the game when you close the menu if you've installed anything.

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Awsome! It's a built in equivalent to KSP's ckan. This will come in very handy!

After a long wait, it's finally here! The in-game mod installer menu to go along with Nim's mod API. This version is an early alpha so modders can get ready for a full release by adding and testing their stuff using the Mod Author Portal, and everyone can give it a test run so we can work out all the kinks.

This new menu can be found with a button right in the home screen. You'll need to install this like a normal DLL mod, however once you have, installing any mod, part pack, or texture pack becomes a one click affair! No more messing with your mod folder or trying to figure out multi-step instructions or dependencies and having to retry when it doesn't work, this'll do it for you.

Latest Release: v0.1.0-alpha

Latest Supported Game Version: v1.5.9.8

Download the latest release: ModInstaller.dll - GitHub

Installation instructions:
  1. Download the latest DLL.
  2. Use the "Open Mods Folder" button in-game.
  3. Drag and drop the DLL into the mods folder.
  4. Restart the game.

View attachment 103777

You can check out the source code here: GitHub - Neptune-Sky/SFSModInstaller: Frontend for 0xNim's Mod Installer API
FINALLY

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Whenever I enter the download mod thing it says in the error has occurred
I'd need to have confirmation from Nim but I believe the database is broken.