TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
All modules for the beginnings of the first colony have been undocked and landed.

Helium-3 extractor undocking.
IMG_6788.png

Extractor landing among two others.
IMG_6790.png

Drone station landing.
IMG_6793.png

All modules landed.
IMG_6795.jpeg

The main purpose of this colony will be to extract resources for future use in a planned launchpad on the moon. The other colony will be placed nearby for the same purpose.

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
All modules for the second colony have landed and are operational. Bowhead will now return to Earth to receive repairs.

Surface communications module landing.
IMG_6799.png

Assembly of habitat modules.
IMG_6801.png

Drone station undocking as the last module carried by Bowhead.
IMG_6802.png

Completed colony.
IMG_6803.jpeg

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
This is incredible, a true pleasure for the eyes :)

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Baleen and Executor have been marked with the official insignia of the ITSA, the Alliance Darkstar, which is also a component of the chosen logo. Bowhead will receive the insignia when it returns.

IMG_6806.jpeg
IMG_6805.jpeg

Executor was also edited to have “ITSA” included before its name.
IMG_6807.jpeg

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Just did a quick little build today. I’ll definitely work on this a little more, but I’m putting it down as is for now.

IMG_6810.jpeg

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Progress lately has been pretty slow as I’ve been trying to get ideas down and get things built, but development of a central hub on the moon in which a new launchpad will be placed has begun. Some parts, mostly those of a fuel storage facility, have already been loaded onto Baleen.

Planned facilities on the moon in this central hub include:

- Fuel depot, as mentioned above, which will have a target capacity amount of 10 kilotons of fuel, but will likely have 6 kilotons to start. The parts for this are mostly complete.
- Assembly and construction facilities centred around the main launchpad location. These must arrive before a launchpad can be established.
- Central communications center for the moon and inner planets. This will be the central entity of a network of planned relay stations and satellites placed across the solar system.
- Surface hangars for “smaller” craft such as the K-IAC and variants of my newest craft that is displayed above.
- A station for transport craft that are in development for transport of payloads across the lunar surface, likely to and from surface colonies.
- Groupings of landing zones for transport and merchant vessels localised around the fuel depot. These will consist of varying smaller modules.
- Storage depot for potential minerals from future mining colonies and helium-3 from current colonies with docking locations for transport craft mentioned above.
- Missile batteries for defence of all facilities.
- Habitats for inhabitants of the colony/lunar hub.

More facilities could be added as needed. Some smaller modules will also be present. These will all take a bit, or a lot, of time, but will likely become easier to accomplish after the opening of assembly and construction facilities on the lunar surface. As I said in an earlier post, I am also willing to collaborate with others and utilise your modules which will make these plans all the more successful.

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Progress lately has been pretty slow as I’ve been trying to get ideas down and get things built, but development of a central hub on the moon in which a new launchpad will be placed has begun. Some parts, mostly those of a fuel storage facility, have already been loaded onto Baleen.

Planned facilities on the moon in this central hub include:

- Fuel depot, as mentioned above, which will have a target capacity amount of 10 kilotons of fuel, but will likely have 6 kilotons to start. The parts for this are mostly complete.
- Assembly and construction facilities centred around the main launchpad location. These must arrive before a launchpad can be established.
- Central communications center for the moon and inner planets. This will be the central entity of a network of planned relay stations and satellites placed across the solar system.
- Surface hangars for “smaller” craft such as the K-IAC and variants of my newest craft that is displayed above.
- A station for transport craft that are in development for transport of payloads across the lunar surface, likely to and from surface colonies.
- Groupings of landing zones for transport and merchant vessels localised around the fuel depot. These will consist of varying smaller modules.
- Storage depot for potential minerals from future mining colonies and helium-3 from current colonies with docking locations for transport craft mentioned above.
- Missile batteries for defence of all facilities.
- Habitats for inhabitants of the colony/lunar hub.

More facilities could be added as needed. Some smaller modules will also be present. These will all take a bit, or a lot, of time, but will likely become easier to accomplish after the opening of assembly and construction facilities on the lunar surface. As I said in an earlier post, I am also willing to collaborate with others and utilise your modules which will make these plans all the more successful.
I'm very excited to see this roadmap come to life, I wish you luck and creativity.
There's a tiny chance I might want to collab, though I don't know if I can quite recreate your style well

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
I'm very excited to see this roadmap come to life, I wish you luck and creativity.
There's a tiny chance I might want to collab, though I don't know if I can quite recreate your style well
Thank you! I’m definitely going to need the creativity. I am excited to see what I’ll be able to achieve and come up with. I’m very much willing to collaborate and am inclined to encourage you to do so. I’m not necessarily concerned with my build style being matched. I think different build styles make any project just that much more unique.

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
This is incredible, a true pleasure for the eyes :)
Thanks Altaïr!
While I’m thinking of it, could you please change the name of this thread to “Interplanetary Trade & Security Alliance” and move it to general discussion whenever you’re able?

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Due to a weapons system that was publicly displayed and shared with the stated intention of “defence” against “Callisto Trade Alliance” (perceived to be directly referring to the ITSA) vessels, while also possessing the ability to strike ground targets, it has become entirely necessary for the ITSA to react quickly. Missile batteries will be deployed immediately (aboard Baleen with the components of the fuel depot) to all current colonies and ITSA security vessels will embark to orbit the moon to provide support in the event of a hostile attack on any ITSA assets or vessels.

The nature of the threat has prompted a new type of missile to be developed with the sole purpose of taking down fast moving targets near protected areas. This new GTAM will be developed extensively to ensure mission success.

As of right now, the S-1 missile is able to reach a max speed of 1400 m/s and is highly agile. When reaching a certain distance from its target, the S-1 splinters to maximise damage potential and area of effect.

IMG_6819.jpeg

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thanks Altaïr!
While I’m thinking of it, could you please change the name of this thread to “Interplanetary Trade & Security Alliance” and move it to general discussion whenever you’re able?
Sure. It's done :)

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Due to a weapons system that was publicly displayed and shared with the stated intention of “defence” against “Callisto Trade Alliance” (perceived to be directly referring to the ITSA) vessels, while also possessing the ability to strike ground targets, it has become entirely necessary for the ITSA to react quickly. Missile batteries will be deployed immediately (aboard Baleen with the components of the fuel depot) to all current colonies and ITSA security vessels will embark to orbit the moon to provide support in the event of a hostile attack on any ITSA assets or vessels.

The nature of the threat has prompted a new type of missile to be developed with the sole purpose of taking down fast moving targets near protected areas. This new GTAM will be developed extensively to ensure mission success.

As of right now, the S-1 missile is able to reach a max speed of 1400 m/s and is highly agile. When reaching a certain distance from its target, the S-1 splinters to maximise damage potential and area of effect.

View attachment 117525
Is that achieved with separators or something?

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Baleen launched and delivered the center of the fuel depot along with four GTAM batteries to the moon.

Launch
IMG_6822.png

Achieving orbit and transfer to the moon.

IMG_6823.png

Moon orbit.
IMG_6825.jpeg

Separation of left side fuel reservoir from Baleen.

IMG_6826.png

Module landed.
IMG_6829.png

Landing of central fuel module.
IMG_6830.png

Completed center fuel depot.
IMG_6832.jpeg

Deployed GTAM site.
IMG_6834.jpeg

When carrying out this mission, I decided to switch to the default system from the custom one I was using in order to reduce lag and keep my game from repeatedly crashing. When I attempted the launch in the custom system the game was basically unplayable with fps sitting around 1 to 2 and the game crashing every few seconds. When switching to the default system this issue was practically eliminated.
So it’s safe to say that the zone of operation for the ITSA will be primarily the inner planets with maybe a few trips to Jupiter from this point forward.

With these modules being deployed, I will now begin developing the assembly and construction facilities along with other smaller modules to accommodate the fuel depot.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Vanilla sfs weaponry tends to be very large, crashing rockets into others, separators , all very crude and barbaric, if you are playing PC the laser mod is best, adds lasers with limited range, plasma guns, regular gun, bombs, atomic bombs, overall weapons really don’t need to exist in sfs so they aren’t officially supported, which means mods are really the best way to make weapons

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Vanilla sfs weaponry tends to be very large, crashing rockets into others, separators , all very crude and barbaric
Allow me to disagree. This is such a wonderful show :p
FIRE.gif

BOOM (1).gif

Axiom

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Vanilla sfs weaponry tends to be very large, crashing rockets into others, separators , all very crude and barbaric, if you are playing PC the laser mod is best, adds lasers with limited range, plasma guns, regular gun, bombs, atomic bombs, overall weapons really don’t need to exist in sfs so they aren’t officially supported, which means mods are really the best way to make weapons
It used to be better in 1.4 with invincible solar panels, so you can make tough armour and missiles tipped with them to break through them

Hawk

ITSA // Ex-MA
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Mods are cool but separators edited to be super small and carried in larger amounts on rocket that’s 9 meters long will have to do. Makes me (mostly my iPhone) think and work harder. Putting viable weapons from a mod on any of my vessels would be too easy, no?
It doesn’t have to be very large or crude if you put some good effort and ideas into it.
For me it just can’t be too complicated that it makes my phone overheat.

Axiom

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Mods are cool but separators edited to be super small and carried in larger amounts on rocket that’s 9 meters long will have to do. Makes me (mostly my iPhone) think and work harder. Putting viable weapons from a mod on any of my vessels would be too easy, no?
It doesn’t have to be very large or crude if you put some good effort and ideas into it.
For me it just can’t be too complicated that it makes my phone overheat.
An old member Danny Batten would have liked you