Interstellar BP edited superearth/earth sized planet lander

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hi guys, today I will present to you my best SFS build so far! this is th"e "Apex Ultimatum Lander" which, as you could see in the title, it is designed for Superearths and earth sized worlds. It also doesn't land with parachutes, just uses engines to land on. I will use this for a future interstellar mission I am gonna do, which uses an currently WIP interstellar vehicle called "ISV Bellatrix X-88" I don't have too much progress on this one but I finished the lander, which took me an entire weekend, 8 hours of build in total. Hope you guys like it :D
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.11 - 20.58.21.78.png

Here you can see a detailed view of the lander, it is a relatively tall, 120 ton, 2-staged lander with a deployable nosecone and retractable landing gear. Let me explain how it works.
the landing gear at the middle retracts via detatching, as it is a fairing, once the first stage depletes all of it's fuel, the nosecone separates and the interstage fairing detatches, revealing the second stage. The upper section of the lander is much more detailed than the lower. This was because I didn't have any ideas for extra detailing, but I think it looks fine like this.
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.11 - 20.59.48.99.png

The upper section was the part that took me the most time to make, it took me over 6-7 hours, especially the capsule, as the second stage took me only 3 hours approximately. The lander has over 384 parts which isn't that much compared to other very detailed builds. As the last thing I want to show you guys, the lander has been successfully tested on Venus in Realistic Mode!
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.12 - 20.26.14.03.png
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.12 - 20.26.41.63.png
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.12 - 20.27.25.97.png
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.12 - 20.29.26.97.png
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.12 - 20.31.02.06.png
Spaceflight Simulator Screenshot 2023.06.12 - 20.31.04.44.png
the test was to prove if the lander could land on venus (without parachutes) and then get back to low venusian orbit, simulating a docking with a mothership in a near orbit. And it was successful! it could barely orbit venus (3.1% fuel left) but I'm pretty happy with this one. As the landing & ascent test was just to test if it can get back to orbit, I had to use no heat damage for descent, and then burned up the engines to land on.

Hope you guys liked my blueprint, I may put a sharing link soon in bp category, thanks for reading this! have a neat day :)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Very good build, the level of detail is amazing!

Astatium_209

Alliance’s Executor // Unstable and Toxic
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Hi guys, today I will present to you my best SFS build so far! this is th"e "Apex Ultimatum Lander" which, as you could see in the title, it is designed for Superearths and earth sized worlds. It also doesn't land with parachutes, just uses engines to land on. I will use this for a future interstellar mission I am gonna do, which uses an currently WIP interstellar vehicle called "ISV Bellatrix X-88" I don't have too much progress on this one but I finished the lander, which took me an entire weekend, 8 hours of build in total. Hope you guys like it :D
View attachment 104212

Here you can see a detailed view of the lander, it is a relatively tall, 120 ton, 2-staged lander with a deployable nosecone and retractable landing gear. Let me explain how it works.
the landing gear at the middle retracts via detatching, as it is a fairing, once the first stage depletes all of it's fuel, the nosecone separates and the interstage fairing detatches, revealing the second stage. The upper section of the lander is much more detailed than the lower. This was because I didn't have any ideas for extra detailing, but I think it looks fine like this.
View attachment 104213
The upper section was the part that took me the most time to make, it took me over 6-7 hours, especially the capsule, as the second stage took me only 3 hours approximately. The lander has over 384 parts which isn't that much compared to other very detailed builds. As the last thing I want to show you guys, the lander has been successfully tested on Venus in Realistic Mode! View attachment 104214 View attachment 104215 View attachment 104216 View attachment 104217 View attachment 104218 View attachment 104219 the test was to prove if the lander could land on venus (without parachutes) and then get back to low venusian orbit, simulating a docking with a mothership in a near orbit. And it was successful! it could barely orbit venus (3.1% fuel left) but I'm pretty happy with this one. As the landing & ascent test was just to test if it can get back to orbit, I had to use no heat damage for descent, and then burned up the engines to land on.

Hope you guys liked my blueprint, I may put a sharing link soon in bp category, thanks for reading this! have a neat day :)
This is damn AWSOME!

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Looks really really good. :)
That "retractable" middle "leg" seems quite impressive.

The upper section was the part that took me the most time to make, it took me over 6-7 hours, especially the capsule, as the second stage took me only 3 hours approximately. The lander has over 384 parts which isn't that much compared to other very detailed builds. As the last thing I want to show you guys, the lander has been successfully tested on Venus in Realistic Mode!
the test was to prove if the lander could land on venus (without parachutes) and then get back to low venusian orbit, simulating a docking with a mothership in a near orbit. And it was successful! it could barely orbit venus (3.1% fuel left) but I'm pretty happy with this one. As the landing & ascent test was just to test if it can get back to orbit, I had to use no heat damage for descent, and then burned up the engines to land on.

This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!!!