Interstellar's Gargantua system in SFS!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Hello, there. Its been a while since I launched a Planet Pack, right? Well, here’s the release of Interstellar’s Gargantua system in SFS!

All the data comes from the Interstellar’s Wiki.

This pack contains:

1)- The central Black Hole, Gargantua:

01 Gargantua.png

This is polar perspective, guys. That’s why it doesn’t looks like what you saw on the movie, cause what you saw there is Equatorial perspective. This one comes with an Event Horizon (if you get too close, you will only see black…). No, this one doesn’t take you to the fifth dimension, lol.

2)-The three planets: Miller, Edmunds and Mann.

Miller’s planet (the first planet they visit in the movie) I gave it a flat surface cause it’s an ocean planet and a 130 percent of Earth’s gravity just like the movie.

02 Miller.png

Edmunds’ planet. Edmunds is just like Earth. I mean this planet is not visited in the movie (only in the ending) so we don’t have any data from it. I assumed this planet was just like Earth when it comes to stuff like radius, gravity and atmo parameters…

03 Edmunds.png

And Mann’s planet. Mann, in the movie has a very eccentric orbit (ecc = 0.97) which takes its apoapsis very far away from Gargantua. In the movie, they are visiting the planet when its close to its periapsis, that’s why you see daylight (the planet is completely dark when far from periapsis), still I gave it a day-night cycle that lasts 67 days and 67 nights just like the real one.

04 Mann.png

ALL these planets have Day-Night cycles (texture made by Elmaksos) and Reentry effects:

05 DN cycle.png

06 Reentry..png

And ultimately is the star Pantagruel. A neutron star used by the Endurance crew for a flyby to get to Mann. Little we know about this star, only that is a little bigger than our The Sun.

07 Pantagruel.png

To finish this non-sense cluster of words I’ll include a comparison between the Base Data of Gargantua, Pantagruel and our The Sun so you know… hehehe… what you’re dealing with…

08 Chart.png

This system won’t be easy to scout, guys. However, the future of mankind depends on it!

Enjoy!

Attachments

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello, there. Its been a while since I launched a Planet Pack, right? Well, here’s the release of Interstellar’s Gargantua system in SFS!

All the data comes from the Interstellar’s Wiki.

This pack contains:

1)- The central Black Hole, Gargantua:

View attachment 30724

This is polar perspective, guys. That’s why it doesn’t looks like what you saw on the movie, cause what you saw there is Equatorial perspective. This one comes with an Event Horizon (if you get too close, you will only see black…). No, this one doesn’t take you to the fifth dimension, lol.

2)-The three planets: Miller, Edmunds and Mann.

Miller’s planet (the first planet they visit in the movie) I gave it a flat surface cause it’s an ocean planet and a 130 percent of Earth’s gravity just like the movie.

View attachment 30725

Edmunds’ planet. Edmunds is just like Earth. I mean this planet is not visited in the movie (only in the ending) so we don’t have any data from it. I assumed this planet was just like Earth when it comes to stuff like radius, gravity and atmo parameters…

View attachment 30727

And Mann’s planet. Mann, in the movie has a very eccentric orbit (ecc = 0.97) which takes its apoapsis very far away from Gargantua. In the movie, they are visiting the planet when its close to its periapsis, that’s why you see daylight (the planet is completely dark when far from periapsis), still I gave it a day-night cycle that lasts 67 days and 67 nights just like the real one.

View attachment 30726

ALL these planets have Day-Night cycles (texture made by Elmaksos) and Reentry effects:

View attachment 30728
View attachment 30729
And ultimately is the star Pantagruel. A neutron star used by the Endurance crew for a flyby to get to Mann. Little we know about this star, only that is a little bigger than our The Sun.

View attachment 30730

To finish this non-sense cluster of words I’ll include a comparison between the Base Data of Gargantua, Pantagruel and our The Sun so you know… hehehe… what you’re dealing with…

View attachment 30731

This system won’t be easy to scout, guys. However, the future of mankind depends on it!

Enjoy!
Thank you Blazer, very cool

Awesome, says the poor iPhone slave...

by “a little bigger” I presume you mean more massive, radius wise neutron stars are small rocky planet size if memory serves, which it often doesn’t

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Awesome, says the poor iPhone slave...

by “a little bigger” I presume you mean more massive, radius wise neutron stars are small rocky planet size if memory serves, which it often doesn’t
It should be more massive indeed. But it gets weirdo, So I decreases Its gravity a little.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
What Happens To The Original Solar System Do They Get Replaced?