Is there any way I can dock?

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'm making a crate for rovers but I cannot find any way to get the crate and the rover to dock here.
Screenshot_2020-11-23-23-47-45-828_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg

If I try to make either one any closer to eachother the rover can't move inside the crate. Is there any way to get it to dock as it is or do you guys have any ideas to change the crate to let the crafts dock. Btw I still want a way for the rover to be able to enter and exit on both sides and do it without using fuel in the process preferably.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'm making a crate for rovers but I cannot find any way to get the crate and the rover to dock here.
View attachment 48855
If I try to make either one any closer to eachother the rover can't move inside the crate. Is there any way to get it to dock as it is or do you guys have any ideas to change the crate to let the crafts dock. Btw I still want a way for the rover to be able to enter and exit on both sides and do it without using fuel in the process preferably.
Use cheats and RCS to dock it

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Can you edit it?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
View attachment 48855
I had a little concept for this ages ago for my old landing garages (remember those). Make the floor boards out of solar panels, and use one to push the rover up into the roof port.

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Using solar panels I've got it to dock to the crate but because of the extra height caused by the solar panel the rover needs a run up to get in.
Screenshot_2020-11-24-00-16-23-257_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg

Any tips on better ramps or will I just have to deal with it or build more powerful rovers?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Any tips on better ramps
I'm surprised it can't climb that from a standing start. It's most likely too heavy for itself on a pair of wheels. Could try dumping the fuel on board if you don't need it for something?

build more powerful rovers?
Problem is the lack of drive once the nose comes up. Adding more wheels won't help as you'll only ever have 2 wheels on the floor regardless of how many is fitted.

Some stuff to get you in the right area, here's the last landing system I created for a recovery rover called Bobcat, designed for one of many challenges I never got around to finishing.

Screenshot_2020-11-24-00-50-15.png

You've also got these rover garages I made inside the first week I was a member on the forum

Rover Challenge

Landing on Mars, Ganymede and Venus