Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Has anyone noticed that objects go missing at random when you're switching to something close by or after a fly past with a different?

Well, I always figured they'd been destroyed or sacrificed to the Great God Ohm. But no they haven't.

Not even close...

What the game actually seems to do is teleport the 'offending' object to a random location in the solar system, give it a random speed and orbit and let it on its merry way. I first noticed it during my on-going Io-Rover challenge where I've dropped 4 drop pods in the same place one at a time, only to have the previous ones disappear. And then my surprise when they started raining down from orbit and smearing themselves all over Io at 5000m/s.

(Video to follow.)

Then whilst flying my dropship back to Earth on a bit of a scenic route via the outer edge of the system (don't ask, because gravity assists), i bumped into the satellites that had gone missing over Ganymede and Io, but they were at 120,000Mn on the way out to @SupremeDorian black hole and Mugnat (a situation I took advantage of. Again, video to follow).

Finally, after much merriment and stuff, I switched to my pad drones to begin an Ark build and poof, the pair of comms dishes i have either side of the landing pad wandered off. When I say wandered off, i mean I eventually found them heading back into the system on an orbit so big that the periapsis is a flat line at max zoom rather than a curve.
Screenshot_2019-01-26-02-03-24.png

I think I accidentally cracked that Alpha Centuri challenge with an unpowered satellite dish...

Screenshot_2019-01-26-02-15-14.png

That lone object at the bottom left of the picture used to be in orbit over Ganymede. It's now heading towards Saturn from who knows where. Just next to the throttle percentage is the Io satellite outbound towards a black hole.

T

TtTOtW

It once reset my game clock to zero. As in all the planets and moons form one straight line to the right of the Sun. That was freaky...

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Lol that would be a sight to see
If that can please you, here it is:
Screenshot_20190127-001239_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20190127-001250_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20190127-001303_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20190127-001339_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
All planets (and moons) are perfectly aligned, the time has come for apocalypse! :eek::eek::eek:

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
And all it took to make an effect like that was making it increase the intensity of the shadows and hue shift everything the closer you get to it.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Has anyone noticed that objects go missing at random when you're switching to something close by or after a fly past with a different?

Well, I always figured they'd been destroyed or sacrificed to the Great God Ohm. But no they haven't.

Not even close...

What the game actually seems to do is teleport the 'offending' object to a random location in the solar system, give it a random speed and orbit and let it on its merry way. I first noticed it during my on-going Io-Rover challenge where I've dropped 4 drop pods in the same place one at a time, only to have the previous ones disappear. And then my surprise when they started raining down from orbit and smearing themselves all over Io at 5000m/s.

(Video to follow.)

Then whilst flying my dropship back to Earth on a bit of a scenic route via the outer edge of the system (don't ask, because gravity assists), i bumped into the satellites that had gone missing over Ganymede and Io, but they were at 120,000Mn on the way out to @SupremeDorian black hole and Mugnat (a situation I took advantage of. Again, video to follow).

Finally, after much merriment and stuff, I switched to my pad drones to begin an Ark build and poof, the pair of comms dishes i have either side of the landing pad wandered off. When I say wandered off, i mean I eventually found them heading back into the system on an orbit so big that the periapsis is a flat line at max zoom rather than a curve.
View attachment 12625

I think I accidentally cracked that Alpha Centuri challenge with an unpowered satellite dish...

View attachment 12626

That lone object at the bottom left of the picture used to be in orbit over Ganymede. It's now heading towards Saturn from who knows where. Just next to the throttle percentage is the Io satellite outbound towards a black hole.
I have had this happen to me on numerous occasions, though mainly stationary landed objects, when I was making my animated series on Venus (cancelled until further notice) This would happen