Launch pad decoration

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'm taking a break from my main project ( Endurance ) to do something else. My launch pad has always looked rather bland so I'm going to add some building on and around it.

I've started of with a VAB , obviously very close but oh well.
Screenshot_2020-10-11-23-59-39-372_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg

Turns out one of the hardest things about doing this is just moving it a couple dozen meters to the left or right. To do this I had to bp edit every fuel tank to 0% fuel so a line of wheels could bring it to the edge of the launch pad where some landing legs deploy , the wheels detach , I clear debris and drop down the gear.

Next up will ever be mission / launch control or a launch tower.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I'm taking a break from my main project ( Endurance ) to do something else. My launch pad has always looked rather bland so I'm going to add some building on and around it.

I've started of with a VAB , obviously very close but oh well.
View attachment 46631
Turns out one of the hardest things about doing this is just moving it a couple dozen meters to the left or right. To do this I had to bp edit every fuel tank to 0% fuel so a line of wheels could bring it to the edge of the launch pad where some landing legs deploy , the wheels detach , I clear debris and drop down the gear.

Next up will ever be mission / launch control or a launch tower.
Cool VAB!

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I've added a launch tower , mission / launch control , a hangar type thing and a fuel tank.
Screenshot_2020-10-12-22-00-34-574_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
looks good but i would mate VAB a bit bigger since the rocket is taller than it

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Nice, add a satellite dish too.
Great idea , I'll do that next :)

looks good but i would mate VAB a bit bigger since the rocket is taller than it
It's already pretty much as big as it can be and I can't be bothered to work out some complicated system to make it bigger so I'm just gonna say that they assembled the stages outside.

Maybe I'll make a bigger one soon but I can't be asked to do it now.

Thanks for pointing that out tho mate :D

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Great idea , I'll do that next :)

It's already pretty much as big as it can be and I can't be bothered to work out some complicated system to make it bigger so I'm just gonna say that they assembled the stages outside.

Maybe I'll make a bigger one soon but I can't be asked to do it now.

Thanks for pointing that out tho mate :D
ok

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
where the fuel was stored just like those on spacex's Boca Chica facilities....(those black and white tanks)
I guess that's just the two little spheres to the left on the slope. I might add something bigger at some point

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
So far my VAB has randomly disappeared twice , the dishes on my Comms array are both gone and the entirety of one of the antennas more recently has vanished.

The antennas I'm not too bothered about but the VAB I am.
It's not in the hotbox of spawning vehicles because most of the time when I spawn a rocket , the VAB will stay put but every now and again it goes kaput. Is there any way to stop it disappearing or will I just have to keep replacing it?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So far my VAB has randomly disappeared twice , the dishes on my Comms array are both gone and the entirety of one of the antennas more recently has vanished.

It's not in the hotbox of spawning vehicles because most of the time when I spawn a rocket , the VAB will stay put but every now and again it goes kaput. Is there any way to stop it disappearing or will I just have to keep replacing it?
Has it disappeared? Or is it...elsewhere...? I'm not sure if 1.5 does it (cos I've not touched it in 84 days), but 1.4.06 used to randomly throw objects into solar object just for the giggle. Have a look around the solar system for suspicious objects. It'll likely be your VAB moving at escape velocity.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure

This glitch has kept me from building launch sites in 1.5. I used to build them all the time in 1.4, but this update has a weird thing where craft near and around the launch pad will randomly disappear.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This glitch has kept me from building launch sites in 1.5. I used to build them all the time in 1.4, but this update has a weird thing where craft near and around the launch pad will randomly disappear.
If its gone why don't make it a little further from the pad... maybe it could help?

but in 1.4 my moonbase is always thrown away out of the surface.....(very annoyed at it) thats why i've just buildin a space station or just rekt aroun the corner....

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Has it disappeared? Or is it...elsewhere...? I'm not sure if 1.5 does it (cos I've not touched it in 84 days), but 1.4.06 used to randomly throw objects into solar object just for the giggle. Have a look around the solar system for suspicious objects. It'll likely be your VAB moving at escape velocity.
Thanks for the help , I'll take a look later.

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I didn't find my VAB anywhere.
My fuel tanks have also now disappeared when I spawned my fusion reactor for Ares city. Looks like I'm gonna have to forget about it until an update patches it.

Soyuzturtle

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Change launch tower configuration for different rockets?
Most of my main launch vehicles all have their own launch towers but with the same design as this.
You can see an example of this on my London Project thread where I have a launch tower similar to this for my herring lander.