bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Most of my main launch vehicles all have their own launch towers but with the same design as this.
You can see an example of this on my London Project thread where I have a launch tower similar to this for my herring lander.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I didn't find my VAB anywhere.
My fuel tanks have also now disappeared when I spawned my fusion reactor for Ares city. Looks like I'm gonna have to forget about it until an update patches it.
You're still in 1.4? If so, that's a known glitch in 1.4. Try to have everything docked, or as many docked pieces as you can.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm taking a break from my main project ( Endurance ) to do something else. My launch pad has always looked rather bland so I'm going to add some building on and around it.

I've started of with a VAB , obviously very close but oh well.
View attachment 46631
Turns out one of the hardest things about doing this is just moving it a couple dozen meters to the left or right. To do this I had to bp edit every fuel tank to 0% fuel so a line of wheels could bring it to the edge of the launch pad where some landing legs deploy , the wheels detach , I clear debris and drop down the gear.

Next up will ever be mission / launch control or a launch tower.
Have you tried offsetting your VAB bp? A file editor can save a lot of time by automatically increasing/decreasing x and y by a specified amount for you. Just look at the entire world as one giant grid. You can build anywhere.

Attachments

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Have you tried offsetting your VAB bp? A file editor can save a lot of time by automatically increasing/decreasing x and y by a specified amount for you. Just look at the entire world as one giant grid. You can build anywhere.
Possible but I would find it easier just to slap some wheels or engines on it. It may have to be something I do In the future though so thank you for the suggestion.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I haven't had stuff disappear (or relocate itself) yet. I was thinking that has to be annoying. Zero g and a couple of thrusters also comes to mind