Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
A thread of mine for a launch vehicle that i could develop.... Idk I'll just post it here....

Screenshot_2020-10-18-13-37-07-42.png

Idk what you call it.....

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
That isn't proof that the boosters in Mars Pathfinder's rocket are advanced boosters.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Pedant. :)

Mars Pathfinder's SRBs are plain white, flared and attached to the core near the top, therefore they are "evolved" boosters.
Gotta play fast and loose in SFS.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Pedant. :)

Mars Pathfinder's SRBs are plain white, flared and attached to the core near the top, therefore they are "evolved" boosters.
Gotta play fast and loose in SFS.
Mars Pathfinder's boosters have a different nozzle design. And have different proportions too the SLS ones.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Mars Pathfinder's boosters have a different nozzle design. And have different proportions too the SLS ones.
True, I think they're his design and he didn't design them from a picture like the one I posted.
That said, I think they're close enough to make what Space pilot said, a teenage INDIAN who speaks more languages than me, entirely reasonable.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Nozzle shapes you can't change. I mean if you want to get down to those weeds, the 'SRBs' aren't SRBs because they use the same SFS fuel as the core. And it's about a metre short on the SRBs proportionally. It's close enough to an Block II SLS that if you didn't have a diagram, you'd call it yet another SLS clone.

It even has the huge inter-stage between the rocket core and the exploration upper stage

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
It even has the huge inter-stage between the rocket core and the exploration upper stage
That's not exploration... Frontier engines rather resemble RS-25. The flame is light blue with that diamond shaped white thing.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
That's not exploration... Frontier engines rather resemble RS-25. The flame is light blue with that diamond shaped white thing.
Here we accept some compromises.
Ideally what you want here is two rocket engines, sized in-between Valiant and Frontier. But that doesn't exist.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The flame is light blue with that diamond shaped white thing.
Shock diamond.

Frontier engines rather resemble RS-25
Not anymore they don't. The old ones did. The 1.5 frontier III engine itself looks and acts nothing like RS-25s except the flame is the same.

It's like I said, you can go into the weeds about fuel and flame colours but SFS doesn't support RP-1 or LH2 or methane or solid fuels. You get SFS fuel and 5 different engines. You pick whichever one will lift the stage and payload and if that matches the real thing then that's great.
So although it's not identical to the RL-10s on the Exploration stage of SFS, if you were to use any other engine (kolibri would be the closest in size and thrust) to push that stage + a payload (which is going to be over 100tons all up hopefully), then it wouldn't make orbit because it doesn't have the thrust. Even with 4 of them, which is what you're supposed to have.

That's not exploration
I know it's not. I said it has the interstage that is between the core and the Exploration upper stage on SLS, not that Mars Pathfinders as yet un-named rocket has an exact replica of the Exploration upper stage.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
What the heck did i missed here??

Oh wait...... arguin about the booster and EUS here?

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
But they run on the same fuel as every other engine. So either every engine in the game runs on hydrogen and oxygen, or they all run on kerosene/monoprop/xenon… The point is, the game does not have realistic enough engines and fuels to allow us to recreate rockets 1/1. The entire argument here is ridiculous, considering we don't exactly have ultra realistic engines…

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Don't mind if i add again....
Screenshot_2020-10-19-22-49-08-78.png

The SRB-ish colour is inspired from BOLE booster (rip Omega rocket)

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Ares I was a cursed design.:mad:

Great recreation though!

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ohhhh SLS...

Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-04-58-86.png

OHHH SOYUZ...

Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-05-24-65.png

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
All by myself......

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
My First Manned-ish craft in 1.5 (bit late)

Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-12-02-43.png

Saturn IB ish rocket...

Screenshot_2020-10-23-22-10-58-16.png