Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Awesome, great job man!
There's a few questions I have though. First of all, why clip? I don't think it gives a big return for potentially making it feel slightly cheaty. Secondly, do you think you could've cut mass by doing an apollo style landing? And lastly, I give you a cookie for an awesome min mass mission ;)
The clipping is mainly for it to look dinky and small. This basically gives more clicks but…..

With an Apollo style landing I would have to have separate transfer and landing stages in order to get from Venus too and fro. I would have needed docking ports in order to dock the two ships, which adds mass. The lander would also potentially have to be tiny in order to reach the mass requirement bare minimum.

Dahzito

Amateur Astronomer / Future Astrophysicist
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Wow, love the logo!

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Premiering in 9 hours.
Do not ask how I managed to get the rocket that small. Altair probably knows though.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Not sure if this has been figured out yet, but I may have just found something cool.

You see, I was testing aerobraking heights that allow for most resistance, but have heating temps low enough to not destroy parts in the process.
At 13.1 km (Mars) the Frontier engine detached from the fuel tank. The fuel tank managed to survive, and even cooled down after the engine detached.

1710087277532.png

1710087291537.png

Idk, Aerostaging?

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Not sure if this has been figured out yet, but I may have just found something cool.

You see, I was testing aerobraking heights that allow for most resistance, but have heating temps low enough to not destroy parts in the process.
At 13.1 km (Mars) the Frontier engine detached from the fuel tank. The fuel tank managed to survive, and even cooled down after the engine detached.

View attachment 115127
View attachment 115128

Idk, Aerostaging?
In action

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Because I am obsessed with TD Channel for some reason, I decided to put my own take on the VAV from Project Tholia.
1711897605329.png

Screenshot 2024-03-30 224645.png