Literature

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I like reading stuff, man... I learn more from it than watching.

Post literature stuff here! Poems, stories, and whatnot you think can be a literature!

Screenshot_2020-03-08-11-56-48-33.png

Help, I'm cringing as hell here...
Don't get offended by the use of coffee here...

T

The Dark in the Light

Post literature stuff here! Poems, stories, and whatnot you think can be a literature!

View attachment 34275
Are you into fantasy books? If so, I have a suggestion: Ranger's Apprentice. Personally It's my favorite series of books.

T

The Dark in the Light

Nah, not really much into it, cause I end up criticizing inaccuracies, even tho it's a good one.
Have you read Ranger's Apprentice? The story is based in a different world, very much like Earth, hell in most ways it is Earth. There isn't any magic either.

Flexilis Anatis

Eater of Waterfowl
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I mainly read Science Fiction, and these are some of the best I have read.

Red Mars
By Kim Stanley Robinson

Three books, Red Mars, Blue Mars, and Green Mars. This trilogy explores the colonization of Mars, from first touchdown to terraforming. It focuses a lot on the political side of the society including terraforming, refugees from earth, and earth-mars relations in general. A very good series, but I believe there are better ones.

Ringworld
By Larry Niven

The main series includes Ringworld, The Ringworld Engineers, and The Ringworld Throne. Unlike most series’s, these books just get better and better. The books revolve around a Dyson sphere like object that has technologically regressed as it’s creators disappeared. This creates an interesting dynamic with the primitive beings on the world coexisting with unimaginable technologies.

Larry Niven has also written many other books set in the same universe, most notably The Integral Trees, and another series has sprung off after Ringworld (which I have not read as of now).

Rama
By Arthur C. Clark

Probably my favorite series, it has four books, Rendezvous with Rama, Return to Rama, Garden of Rama, and Rama Reviled. The first book is by far the best, but it is more of a prequel while the last three seem like a trilogy. This series deals with human’s first contact with alien technology. Saying any more could spoil much of the plot of the later books. The first book has the best last sentence that I have ever read, and it still sends chills through my heart.
The Raman's did everything in threes.

TrenchRabbit

Man on the Moon
Registered
My Favorite book is probably Fahrenheit 451
It's an amazing Dystopian Novel Where books are banned and firefighter burn these books. Basically any Star wars book But my Favorites are Inferno Squad and Twilight company.

T

The Dark in the Light

My Favorite book is probably Fahrenheit 451
It's an amazing Dystopian Novel Where books are banned and firefighter burn these books. Basically any Star wars book But my Favorites are Inferno Squad and Twilight company.
I've read that book. Fricking amazing I tell you.

View attachment 34275
HOOOOOOOOH BOY. WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? SOME FANTASY LOVE STORY?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Hangman’s Daughter
-Oliver Potzsch
Quality historic fiction

SciFi wise...Frank Herbert!
When you run out of Frank his son Brian and K Anderson did a good job with The Butlerian Jihad trilogy, Omnius is so amusing