Long March 2f + Shenzhou

Gene

Discord Staff
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
The Long March 2f is China's human rated launch vehicle. As for the Shenzhou Roscosmos sold their Soyuz technology to China hence the similarities.

(As with all my builds this is no clip)

1634337759433.png

1634340893046.png

1634339427609.png

1634339443526.png

1634339453160.png

There are three things about this rocket that took a lot of no clip sorcery to get right, The first of those is the launch escape system.
As seen in this diagram the half of the fairing separates carrying the Desent and orbital module away from the rocket. The desent module is then jettisoned and parachutes to safety. Not only does the LES have to do this, on a normal mission it has to separate without the orbital module which took a while to get right.
1634339141519.png

As you can see here the desent module separation is a tiny bit explosive but its fine.
Screen recording 2021-10-16 11.58.57 AM.gif

Normal LES jettison(The file was to big)

The Second thing that took ages to do was the tilted engines on the boosters. This was done with wheels and landing legs inside the fairings to give it the angle.
1634340304749.png

As for the third It is the way the boosters overlap with the core.
In this photo you can see how there are 4 boosters. If I did it normally it would look like it only has 2 boosters. But with them overlapping it looks more realistic.
1634340483521.png

The main draw back to this is: "How the hell do I separate the boosters" luckily fairings dont collide with one another. Meaning I could have them fall out the side of the core.
Screenshot 2021-10-16 12.26.01 PM.png

1634340934947.png

Thats about it, this has been one of my more technically advanced builds and im pretty happy with it.

Attachments

RockerBrawler

Man on the Moon
Registered
The Long March 2f is China's human rated launch vehicle. As for the Shenzhou Roscosmos sold their Soyuz technology to China hence the similarities.

(As with all my builds this is no clip)

View attachment 74077
View attachment 74089

View attachment 74081
View attachment 74082
View attachment 74083

There are three things about this rocket that took a lot of no clip sorcery to get right, The first of those is the launch escape system.
As seen in this diagram the half of the fairing separates carrying the Desent and orbital module away from the rocket. The desent module is then jettisoned and parachutes to safety. Not only does the LES have to do this, on a normal mission it has to separate without the orbital module which took a while to get right.
View attachment 74080
As you can see here the desent module separation is a tiny bit explosive but its fine.
View attachment 74079

Normal LES jettison(The file was to big)

The Second thing that took ages to do was the tilted engines on the boosters. This was done with wheels and landing legs inside the fairings to give it the angle.
View attachment 74085
As for the third It is the way the boosters overlap with the core.
In this photo you can see how there are 4 boosters. If I did it normally it would look like it only has 2 boosters. But with them overlapping it looks more realistic.
View attachment 74086
The main draw back to this is: "How the hell do I separate the boosters" luckily fairings dont collide with one another. Meaning I could have them fall out the side of the core.
View attachment 74087
View attachment 74090

Thats about it, this has been one of my more technically advanced builds and im pretty happy with it.
Nice.
Even better, it's no clip.
Double Nice

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure