bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ok. Using probes to control ship sections. Failure to stick or block fuel if set on top of a motor. Not always but enough to be agrivating. Are capsules more reliable less prone to mishaps?

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Ok. Using probes to control ship sections. Failure to stick or block fuel if set on top of a motor. Not always but enough to be agrivating. Are capsules more reliable less prone to mishaps?
No, they're not. But I don't really understand what are the actual problems with control.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
No, they're not. But I don't really understand what are the actual problems with control.
I'll set a probe on top of an engine then a tank over the probe. Sometimes, in an intermediate stage the probe won't control the rocket section, more rarely fuel is blocked from the engine.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I'll set a probe on top of an engine then a tank over the probe. Sometimes, in an intermediate stage the probe won't control the rocket section, more rarely fuel is blocked from the engine.
Show me.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
If I got this correctly, you have a Vehicle made of a tank, on top of a Probe, on top of an engine? Then of course fuel won't get to the engine cause Its blocked by the Probe.

When you say you lose control you mean that the game shows a sign saying 'No control', or is it just that the spacecraft doesn't do what you want?

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If I got this correctly, you have a Vehicle made of a tank, on top of a Probe, on top of an engine? Then of course fuel won't get to the engine cause Its blocked by the Probe.

When you say you lose control you mean that the game shows a sign saying 'No control', or is it just that the spacecraft doesn't do what you want?
Of course. Fuel can flow from one indirectly attached tank to another but not around a probe. Your buddy horus and I have already had words. I don't enjoy fighting anymore. I used to jump at the slightest provocation. Now I tend to reflect a little more. I would much prefer friendship or at least a mutual arrangement to ignore each other. Life is short. I wish to spend as little remaining in unproductive conversation as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Here's one example. Placed probe and moved everything to make sure it was connected. Went for a test launch and was informed I had no control.
Hmm
I think you forgot to move and replace the rocket.
As you know 1.5 does not need no edit mod.

Attachments

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
We did? Must've been another Horus. We didn't have words man, you blocked me after the zeptosecond episode.
I took you off ignore. Please don't make me regret it. Shake? I value good advice and you're obviously intelligent. I absolutely cannot abide condescension or superiority complexes. I am happy to learn and honestly have no need to prove myself. I've spent a lifetime doing that.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hmm
You mean moved something and forgot to re-establish the connection?

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hmm
Unfortunately I do not "know". I'm about as noob as they come. Less than a week in.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You mean moved something and forgot to re-establish the connection?
I'll be danged. The probe had actually disappeared. Why do they do that? The only thing I moved was the nose cone. Replaced probe everything worked fine.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I'll be danged. The probe had actually disappeared. Why do they do that? The only thing I moved was the nose cone. Replaced probe everything worked fine.
Probably the probe was clipped with the fuel tank, but you probably accidentally clicked and holded the tank which resulted with deleting the probe.

T

TtTOtW

Ah, Bob. The problem is clear.

You see that probe? Its outline is clear, perks of the new system :). But do this:
Place two Titans so that one overlaps the other. Select both. Now launch. Now revert to build. The grayed out Titan is gone. Now add another Titan. Select both again. Now hold and release the selection. Now launch. Both are there. Revert to launch. Both are there.

The probe may have been selected, but in reality it was grayed out. Holding and releasing the selection would have retained it.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

You see that probe? Its outline is clear, perks of the new system :). But do this:
Place two Titans so that one overlaps the other. Select both. Now launch. Now revert to build. The grayed out Titan is gone. Now add another Titan. Select both again. Now hold and release the selection. Now launch. Both are there. Revert to launch. Both are there.

The probe may have been selected, but in reality it was grayed out. Holding and releasing the selection would have retained it.
Yeah, that's what I tried to say. You explained it a lot better though.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Yes. Thank you. Parts that were solid tend to go schroedengers cat on you at the least provocation. Frustrating on more complicated builds. I'm learning to save frequently.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Deal.

I absolutely cannot abide condescension or superiority complexe
Me either. I tend to go out of my way to destroy that kind of thing. I have my faults, all of them involve a big bucket of sarcasm/smart replies but that's a perk of my job and shouldn't be taken personally. I do it to everyone. I'm concise and direct which bundles together to where people think I'm being abrasive but my word counts are high enough as it is, even without pleasantries. I'm good at the game but have never said I'm the best and will completely defer to the actual real experts who I leaned on massively when I first arrived and as long as someone is open minded to learn then I'll go out of my way to teach them.

I am happy to learn and honestly have no need to prove myself
We've not asked anyone to prove themselves. Yeah, the TWR rampage is a bit inquisitorial and I almost never take part in that (and have started pushing back to it). You ask for advice and it is given, but take it as it is intended. We want you to be better. We don't answer to prove how great we are, we want to help you move forwards and build cool shit as well.
Especially if you can do a 1000t payload shuttle. It's much harder than it looks.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Of course. Fuel can flow from one indirectly attached tank to another but not around a probe. Your buddy horus and I have already had words. I don't enjoy fighting anymore. I used to jump at the slightest provocation. Now I tend to reflect a little more. I would much prefer friendship or at least a mutual arrangement to ignore each other. Life is short. I wish to spend as little remaining in unproductive conversation as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
Ehhhhhh.... You've left me speechless, buddy, I've really don't know what to say...

You've just taken a friendly advice as a provocation. You say you don't wanna fight, but you are initiating a fight indeed.

You say that you used to take things worse. Then I don't wanna know how you took things in the past, cause If this is the way you take an advice, I don't wanna see how you used to take an actual insult... Actually, I can imagine it.

But fine, if you don't want any other advice, I will not give it to you. In fact, If you don't wanna talk to me anymore, perfect, I can live with that.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Here's one example. Placed probe and moved everything to make sure it was connected. Went for a test launch and was informed I had no control.
You have it selected but it is not actually "there". To see what I mean, rty partially overlapping some parts. Even if they are all selected they won't appear when you launch. To fix it, just move the rocket around a bit when everything is selected :).