Allowed cheats:

Infinite fuel

Post your Screenshots below!

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
See my thread "A Simple SSTO",I orbit Earth by 9000 meters.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
That changes everything ;)
Actually it was even possible to do it on Venus before, by wrapping your rocket into fairings as they literally make your rocket immune to drag.

M

Mr. Yus Gamer

That changes everything ;)
Actually it was even possible to do it on Venus before, by wrapping your rocket into fairings as they literally make your rocket immune to drag.
I thought fairing dont do anything in 1.4. or is it only on 1.4 and not inlcding the rest of 1.4?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I thought fairing dont do anything in 1.4. or is it only on 1.4 and not inlcding the rest of 1.4?
That's correct, they do nothing.
The version I was referring to is 1.35, fairings had a use at that moment.
In this one, what allows to orbit Earth is the fact that drag is first disabled when you launch a rocket. But if you exit and resume the game, drag is reenabled and your rocket orbiting close to the ground won't go far.

M

Mr. Yus Gamer

In this one, what allows to orbit Earth is the fact that drag is first disabled when you launch a rocket. But if you exit and resume the game, drag is reenabled and your rocket orbiting close to the ground won't go far.
Oh ok.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Fortunately, fairings may have a use again in the next version. But maybe Stef will make them still generate a little drag, because no drag at all is insanely powerful.
But I must admit it allowed fun challenges :p

Also, separating stages seems to activate drag. Making a two stage ultra low earth orbiter (100 meters or so) tends not to go well.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Also, separating stages seems to activate drag. Making a two stage ultra low earth orbiter (100 meters or so) tends not to go well.
Oh yeah you're right. Especially the interstage from the 4w separator, as this one has a hit box, it tends to break the second stage's engine on separation.
My theory was that drag is only active for a few parts, but maybe you're right.