this pack currently adds 10 more engines all based on the 6 vanilla engines

1 of which is quite special

Listing from right to left:

• Berloque Engine
  • Gerhard Engine
  • Kolibri-V Engine
  • Valorous Engine
  • Horizon Engine
  • Titan Engine (but No Nozzle Extension)
  • Hawk Vac Engine
  • Frontier-V Engine
  • Titan Vac Engine
  • Overly Expanded Frontier Engine (this one is great for Large Orbital crafts... If you can get it up there)
Download: Releases · Mac33299/Mac-Stockalike-Engine-Pack (github.com)

current known bug:

dispite being placed like so the Hawk Vac can't attach to the fuel tank below it
1669366605466.png

fortunately, it can still attach to fuel tanks above it like normal engine

Valorous sharing the same base hitbox as Valiant
1669371993371.png

fortunately, it only effects physical collision and not the build collision

Last edited:

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Sincerely, I don't see the use of half these engines, but still there are some good ones.

Titan Vac... WHY?

Same for Hawk Vac. And the Valiant vac??? It's ALREADY vacuum optimised. But the small ones seem possibly a practical. As well as the giant one.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Sincerely, I don't see the use of half these engines, but still there are some good ones.

Titan Vac... WHY?

Same for Hawk Vac. And the Valiant vac??? It's ALREADY vacuum optimised. But the small ones seem possibly a practical. As well as the giant one.
Titan and Hawk could be vacuum optimised, i dont see how Valiant Vac would be much more efficient than it already is currently though

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered

Titan Vac... WHY?

What are you talking about... there is no Valiant vac....(yet) Valorous Engine is Sea level Valiant with higher thrust
also Hawk Vac is literally coming to SFS... If Stef thinks it's a good idea then this won't be that far off

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
Yeah sorry i mean the frontier Vac. Same problem though
btw I specifically marked Vac version of already vac engine with -V for Vac improved basically saying that the original is already Vac optimised but this one has a bigger nozzle extension for slightly better thrust and massive ISP improvments

even Stef says it should be in game
Screenshot (3425).png

see.. although he spelled vanilla wrong... but eh doesn't matter

the really large engine is also a frontier just really efficient (no you can't make ssto from it I tested it already)

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Says that about the lot. Didn't say they're all the a good idea. So I say leave the frobtier alone. The valorous with say 50 to 60t thrust would be really useful. Also, the current engines are well defined and purposeful. Could you elaborate on the specific place and purpose of each of your engines?

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
Says that about the lot. Didn't say they're all the a good idea. So I say leave the frobtier alone. The valorous with say 50 to 60t thrust would be really useful. Also, the current engi es are well defined and purposeful. Could you elaborate on the specific place and purpose of each of your engines?
actually valorous has 70t of thrust and Isp of 250

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
Says that about the lot. Didn't say they're all the a good idea. So I say leave the frobtier alone. The valorous with say 50 to 60t thrust would be really useful. Also, the current engines are well defined and purposeful. Could you elaborate on the specific place and purpose of each of your engines?
So basically

Berloque (from Kolibri), Gerhart (cluster of 3 Berloque), Valorous (from Valiant), and Horizon (from Frontier) are higher efficiency first stage engines compared to titan, and hawk

Horizon beats hawk by 20t of thrust but is 1.5t heavier with stats of:

Thrust: 140t
Mass: 5t
Isp: 255

Gerhart is a cluster of 3 Berloque at the same width as hawk at 2m but shorter with a height of only 1m

Thrust: 75t
Mass: 1.2t
Isp: 245

Valorous is more compact than Valiant being the same size as Kolibri but less efficient

Thrust: 70t
Mass: 1.5
Isp: 250

Berloque is a sea level variant of Kolibri being shorter by 0.5m but the same width

Thrust: 25t
Mass: 0.4
Isp: 245

Last edited:

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
That's way over what's necessary. What about the rest? Mass, thrust and ISP of each.
and for the TItan (without Nozzle Extension)... yeah that's engine is basically there as a joke since Titan itself is already designed as a sea level engine
cutting parts of the nozzle off would leave it Under-Expanded and it losses 20t of thrust and has an ISP of 200 just to be more compact... now this engine is just a joke soo it's not really that practical but if you somehow find good use for it... good for you

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
So Berloque is a good call. The triple Berloque makes your Valorous pointless to have. And Horizon makes Hawk obsolete. So you've misbalanced most of them.

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
So Berloque is a good call. The triple Berloque makes your Valorous pointless to have. And Horizon makes Hawk obsolete. So you've misbalanced most of them.
Actually you could put 2 valorous in place of a single Gerhart and get 140t of thrust total instead of 75t from a single Gerhart
1669371026929.png

Valorous is not as useless as you think

just only 2 downside:
Valorous would take slightly more space and 2 of them would weight 3t

So, Gerhart is good for weight savings but Valorous is better in terms of thrust size wise

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
That's way over what's necessary. What about the rest? Mass, thrust and ISP of each.
lastly vac engine (listing from smallest to biggest)

Kolibri-V - a small engine about the same size as Valiant but more efficient, at the cost of less thrust

Thrust: 16.5t
Mass: 0.65t
Isp: 320

Hawk Vac - a more Efficient hawk for operating in space slightly better thrust and greatly increased Isp but heavier and bigger

Thrust: 122t
Mass: 4.5t
Isp: 300

Frontier-V - A better frontier for space but takes up more space and heavier

Thrust: 104t
Mass: 9t
Isp: 350

Titan Vac - a more Efficient Titan for operating in space slightly better thrust and greatly increased Isp but heavier and bigger

Thrust: 405
Mass: 16t
Isp: 300

Overly Expanded Frontier - a really efficient Frontier engine with increased thrust

but it's Massive, and heavy

Thrust: 120
Mass: 65t
Isp: 850

Mac33299

Modder
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
For Horizon I'm really making it more powerful than hawk just because Hydro/lox engine (which is what horizon and frontier is btw) are generally more powerful than it's Kero/lox counter part (hawk) to counter this... Horizon weight 5t while Hawk by default weight 3.5

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
I have an elaborate character sheet for the standard engines. I'll expand a copy of it to represent yours. The results will speak for themselves.