Make a Imperial Star Destroyer

This challenge is to make a Star Destroyer (Imperial I or II) I would rather say 1:1 of the size. I would rather say you play it in Infinite Fuel,No Gravity , It will be very hard if its at the normal.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
No u. :p
Welcome to the forum. We like it when someone who proposes a challenge (and this isn't really a proper challenge... ) shows us how they did it, to prove that it's possible.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This challenge is to make a Star Destroyer (Imperial I or II) I would rather say 1:1 of the size. I would rather say you play it in Infinite Fuel,No Gravity , It will be very hard if its at the normal.
First and possibly last interaction on the forum, and straight in you want someone to make you a 1600m long, 600m wide blueprint?

You know what, I want someone to actually make one. I don't think it'll actually be that difficult if you remove the lag out of the equation. But make it, sculpt it beautifully, show it off and then when the inevitable 'can i haz blueprint plz' arrives, do your best Rorschach impression and be like no and delete all evidence of its existence.

T

TtTOtW

NothingbutEmptiness
A
Welcome to the Forum. It's awesome here.
B
We build together and lead by example.
C
This is not a blueprint farm or market.
D
Impress us, and we'll hold hands. Try to use us, and you'll take yourself out before we can.

Flexilis Anatis

Eater of Waterfowl
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
The main issue with building a star destroyer (1:1 scale or otherwise) is that the two most iconic features, the raised bridge and wedge design, make it difficult to build in a 2D space. If you build the craft from the side view so you can easily recognize the bridge, you will end up with a small triangle with a block sticking out of it. If you build it from a top-down view so you can easily see the wedge design, you end up with a giant triangle. Either way, you will have to do some very specific detailing to create the illusion that there is more that you can’t see, or you will end up with something that only looks like a star destroyer if you’re told it is.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
The main issue with building a star destroyer (1:1 scale or otherwise) is that the two most iconic features, the raised bridge and wedge design, make it difficult to build in a 2D space. If you build the craft from the side view so you can easily recognize the bridge, you will end up with a small triangle with a block sticking out of it. If you build it from a top-down view so you can easily see the wedge design, you end up with a giant triangle. Either way, you will have to do some very specific detailing to create the illusion that there is more that you can’t see, or you will end up with something that only looks like a star destroyer if you’re told it is.
No son, that can be fixed by bp editing, the main problem is create something that is hundreds of meters wide, per hundreds of meters large. Nobody has the time or the PATIENCE to do that.

T

TtTOtW

No son, that can be fixed by bp editing, the main problem is create something that is hundreds of meters wide, per hundreds of meters large. Nobody has the time or the PATIENCE to do that.
Nor are there many with phones that could actually hold up past 20% progress on such a build.