Make an all in one module!

CHALLENGE :-
Make a service module which can be used as Fuel refuller, rover and lander.

Necessary Features :-
Should have at least four RCS, two rover wheels, one docking port, a capsule (obviously), two lander legs, and a system that can move the it (which is gonna be hard unless you use Titan engine!).

Rules :-
1. You can use EVERY expansion, But NOT Bp editing and you can't change texture.
2. Clipping is allowed.
3. There must be every feature mentioned above.

feel free to ask anything about it

here is mine :-

IMG_20210426_092756.jpg

IMG_20210426_092820.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Can you send it into space?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
My intuition tells me that it can’t go to space, even if you can, it can barely go to space

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oh, you're so kind.

Should have at least four RCS
Why? Why not 2? Or 6?

you can't change texture.
Why not?

You can't use Any expansion
Why initially was this banned?

Why? I don't get the design brief. Why would something need to be a lander, a rover, a fuel tank and a service module? Where are you landing, if you weren't intending on it going to space? What are you intending on re-fueling upon arrival? Why are your astronauts living in wet tank space in the service module? Why has it got a first stage lift engine just to get it to move left or right? You're not getting far like that and having any fuel left to give to anyone afterwards.

Oh, you're so kind.

Why? Why not 2? Or 6?

Why not?

Why initially was this banned?

Why? I don't get the design brief. Why would something need to be a lander, a rover, a fuel tank and a service module? Where are you landing, if you weren't intending on it going to space? What are you intending on re-fueling upon arrival? Why are your astronauts living in wet tank space in the service module? Why has it got a first stage lift engine just to get it to move left or right? You're not getting far like that and having any fuel left to give to anyone afterwards.
Thanks

I mean if you add 2, it will be useless. 6 is ok.

You have to make it structural and you can't just add a texture and call it rover and stuff.

I thought it would be not good but I allowed to use it.

It's Just a creativity challenge to see that if you can make something like this or not.

My intuition tells me that it can’t go to space, even if you can, it can barely go to space
It can't go by itself you have to use a rocket to send it in a orbit or planet. Since I have to show you fast and I don't have patience to send it to moon, here it is docked in Earth orbit :

IMG_20210426_100225.jpg

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
It can't go by itself you have to use a rocket to send it in a orbit or planet. Since I have to show you fast and I don't have patience to send it to moon, here it is docked in Earth orbit :

View attachment 61573
Hmm, right, now you can send it to orbit

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You have to make it structural and you can't just add a texture and call it rover and stuff
Why not? Current, in-use rovers aren't piles of steel beams with wheels underneath them. Previous rovers aren't piles of steel beams with wheels under them.
Infact, the vast majority of them aren't steel beams with wheels. There's a lot of closed areas containing batteries, sensors, experimentation bays, solay arrays and the like.
Which are best represented using textures.

I mean if you add 2, it will be useless. 6 is ok
Depends on where you're using it and what you're using it for. You're not moving a 40+'t rover on the surface using RCS. If you could, then you wouldn't need the hawk engines.

It's Just a creativity challenge to see that if you can make something like this or not.
Which is fine. But it needs to have a purpose to fulfill or it's just a random collection of parts with a hastily written job spec next to it.

Oh c'mon, is it not creative?
True creativity fulfills a set of pre-made criteria for existence. Not 'it's a re-fueller, because reasons'. What can it re-fuel with a 30t fuel capacity and the only docking port is on top of it? If you were being creative, you'd think 'right, this needs to have a useful payload capacity'. Then decide what a useful payload is, design a rover large enough to carry said payload,

Screenshot_2019-01-04-23-53-43.png Screenshot_2019-01-04-23-52-54.png

with enough well placed wheels to allow it to propel itself over the terrain of choice

Screenshot_2019-01-05-06-29-03.png Screenshot_2019-02-28-22-01-14.png

to reach its objective to fulfil its purpose.

Screenshot_2019-01-05-06-35-03.png

What you have fulfils none of its tasks. So whilst it is 'creative', it isn't very useful.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
How bout this?
tonk.png

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
DEB9BD06-7E6F-41C0-9ED1-0988719FA95C.png

didn’t know if you wanted it to refuel stuff in orbit or refuel stuff on land so I did both

CHALLENGE :-

Necessary Features :-
Should have at least four RCS, two rover wheels, one docking port, a capsule (obviously), two lander legs, and a system that can move the it (which is gonna be hard unless you use Titan engine!).

Rules :-
1. You can use EVERY expansion, But NOT Bp editing and you can't change texture.
2. Clipping is allowed.
3. There must be every feature mentioned above.

here is mine :-

View attachment 61569

View attachment 61570
Screenshot_20210714-143839_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20210714-143839_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Uhhhh… not to be mean, or anything :confused:, but neither craft fit the bill…