(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Congrats on having the perseverance to find the right spelling.:D

Nice mission Cresign12 , I especially liked your Ingenuity.

The only things that could make it more realistic that I thought of:

The parachutes only slowed down to something like 90 m/s in real life. Really easy fix though, all someone who downloads it need to do is not fully deploy parachutes.:D

The backplate of the capsule also had RCS in real life. Maybe this could help with re-entry?

Last edited:

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Congrats on having the perseverance to find the right spelling.:D

Nice mission Cresign12 , I especially liked your Ingenuity.

The only things that could make it more realistic that I thought of:

The parachutes only slowed down to something like 90 m/s in real life. Really easy fix though, all someone who downloads it need to do is not fully deploy parachutes.:D

The backplate of the capsule also had RCS in real life. Maybe this could help with re-entry?
For parachutes, i deployed them fully cause i needed that one moment of slower falling to click docking port that separates sky crane, cause i want to do it on about 1000 meter altitude. RCS on shell isnt exactly good idea for two reasons: 1. It isnt needed. Yes capsule might lose control for some time while falling but you can preety easily get it to Soyuz like position which is stable. 2. Fuel. There isnt very much space in shell for fuel tanks like REALLY. And i dont want to drain fuel from somewhere else like Sky Crane, Persy or Ingenuity cause they need their fuel to work properly. Still thank for criticism :)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Maybe it's Sojourner or Spirit or Opportunity or Curiosity or P E R S E V E R A N C E with a twist! Ingenuity!

Also, I'll Back On Topic.