Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Docking without RCS is a pain.
You docked without RCS? Are you okay? Do you need therapy? And it looks like you are on mobile so you don't even have ANAIS or nav mods, You are either very dedicated or insane

Ayansh Kothari

Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
You docked without RCS? Are you okay? Do you need therapy? And it looks like you are on mobile so you don't even have ANAIS or nav mods, You are either very dedicated or insane
I forgot to add rcs and I did not care of reverting back to build

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
You made a ship that has a lander module that detaches, then flys back up and rejoins the previous ship, and didn't think of adding RCS. You must have a lot of faith in your docking skillz lol

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Didnt even notice this, for me it’s a given that if there is docking that there are RCS. Guess not for him tho

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Yeah, that fellow is hardcore; docking is already hard enough for me, someone doing it without rcs is simply astounding. This dude should be a new USFS professor for docking.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Looks...... hm I'll consider it. Altaïr Pink
no this is a joke it looks fine
Pink??? :oops:

Anyway, badge granted :)

Also, docking without RCS is not THAT hard, because docking ports attract eachother when they are close, so if you manage to get them close enough they will natirally stick to eachother.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Also, docking without RCS is not THAT hard, because docking ports attract eachother when they are close, so if you manage to get them close enough they will natirally stick to eachother.
In minimalist missions, RCS is just 0.05 more tons. I usually ditch it, even if that means it takes some swearing, a computer punch and 3 quicksaves to dock.

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
In minimalist missions, RCS is just 0.05 more tons. I usually ditch it, even if that means it takes some swearing, a computer punch and 3 quicksaves to dock.
Even in a minimalist mission, why ditch it? Surely 0.05 tons can’t affect the performance in any real way, and my computer doesn’t like being punched anyways.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Even in a minimalist mission, why ditch it? Surely 0.05 tons can’t affect the performance in any real way, and my computer doesn’t like being punched anyways.
Oh, every m/s counts.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
But do you save any m/s not using rcs in docking? do you waste the m/s in docking without RCS?

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
But do you save any m/s not using rcs in docking? do you waste the m/s in docking without RCS?
Minimalist missions tend to be direct ascent, without rendezvous. Rendezvous tends to add more mass, even if it is more efficient.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I mean, we were on the subject of docking in those same missions, which i believe involves rendezvous.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I mean, we were on the subject of docking in those same missions, which i believe involves rendezvous.
I believe he was referring to RCS for stuff like course adjustments.

Mia

Man on the Moon
Registered
Docking without RCS is a pain.
When I forget RCS I have two options. One is to relaunch the mission. And two is cry and question myself. Usually the ladder if it is a long motion. If not or I’m just not that far into it then I just relaunch.

Ayansh Kothari

Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Pink??? :oops:

Anyway, badge granted :)

NO IT DOES NOT DO THAT

Ayansh Kothari

Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Me to
When I forget RCS I have two options. One is to relaunch the mission. And two is cry and question myself. Usually the ladder if it is a long motion. If not or I’m just not that far into it then I just relaunch.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Minimalist missions tend to be direct ascent, without rendezvous. Rendezvous tends to add more mass, even if it is more efficient.
You don't play in realistic do you? :p
Honestly I tend to add the RCS myself, the ΔV you lose because of extra mass is really minimal. ΔV requirements are of an order of thousands of m/s, so I have no problem in losing something like 10 m/s.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You don't play in realistic do you? :p
Honestly I tend to add the RCS myself, the ΔV you lose because of extra mass is really minimal. ΔV requirements are of an order of thousands of m/s, so I have no problem in losing something like 10 m/s.
I usually play realistic, but most people I know do their minimalist missions in normal.