Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I’m BPediting some interstellar colony ships and I need to know how much rocket the game allows me, is it based on rocket size? Part Amount? Part size? If anyone can answer this it’d help out a ton.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
I’m BPediting some interstellar colony ships and I need to know how much rocket the game allows me, is it based on rocket size? Part Amount? Part size? If anyone can answer this it’d help out a ton.
Infinite build area is well infinite...
The general rule of thumb is anything less than 3000-3500 parts because that's when my computer starts to lag badly.

I do not know you device's specs so, we will have to see that.

6,000 grid blocks X or Y is the most I've been able to build before it can't render the whole thing. Built a space elevator and that was the max even if I added non connected extensions on top. It just disappears then will reappear causing the extensions to fall. So 6,000 x 6,000.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
When your rocket gets to many km in length or size eventually you will be unable to render the whole thing
Number of parts is important too. A good example is the ship you have as a pfp, I remember it was lagging atrociously :)

I concur with what has been said before, 3000-3500 parts is kinda the limit after which you start counting in spf (seconds per frame) rather than in fps.

Archibald III

Man on the Moon
Registered
Number of parts is important too. A good example is the ship you have as a pfp, I remember it was lagging atrociously :)

I concur with what has been said before, 3000-3500 parts is kinda the limit after which you start counting in spf (seconds per frame) rather than in fps.
Yes part limit too! Very annoying to deal with :rolleyes:
It is a beautiful ship :p