Registered
I smell the foundation of mexico

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I smell the foundation of mexico
Is an old Aztec legend.

Octacorpus might know it better than me but, here it goes: someone told the Aztecs to build their capital wherever they find an eagle eating a snake, on top of a cactus.

The Aztecs travelled and searched far and wide until they found it in the middle of a lake (the Lake Tenochtitlan), and on that same place is where they founded their capital, Tenochtitlan, today called Mexico DF.

VibeChecker

Man on the Moon
Registered
Is an old Aztec legend.

Octacorpus might know it better than me but, here it goes: someone told the Aztecs to build their capital wherever they find an eagle eating a snake, on top of a cactus.

The Aztecs travelled and searched far and wide until they found it in the middle of a lake (the Lake Tenochtitlan), and on that same place is where they founded their capital, Tenochtitlan, today called Mexico DF.
Precisely.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Is an old Aztec legend.

Yes, although in reality this mythical story is a bit false and "México DF" no longer exists.
Well BOT