Mike's Monthly Visits

Hey, Mike here, anything that you'd like me to hear?
Can you tell the owner to implement LaTex in the site?? Plz. LaTeX is a special type of Markup language that could be incorporated into javascript(by importing a library/package).

It really makes displaying equations easier so let's say I want to write the vis-viva equation to calculate required dV to transfer orbits,
ΔV=√GM[(2/r)-(1/a)]

LaTeX source code:
\Delta V = \sqrt{\mu \cdot (\frac{2}{r}-\frac{1}{a})}

Outputs:
Screenshot_20191211-120104_LaTeX to text.jpg

Usually if the site doesn't support LaTeX, use Mathjax. Please look into this, it really makes ΔV calculations and Kepler's laws seem way neater.

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Can you tell the owner to implement LaTex in the site?? Plz. LaTeX is a special type of Markup language that could be incorporated into javascript(by importing a library/package).

It really makes displaying equations easier so let's say I want to write the vis-viva equation to calculate required dV to transfer orbits,
ΔV=√GM[(2/r)-(1/a)]

LaTeX source code:
\Delta V = \sqrt{\mu \cdot (\frac{2}{r}-\frac{1}{a})}

Outputs:
View attachment 30299

Usually if the site doesn't support LaTeX, use Mathjax. Please look into this, it really makes ΔV calculations and Kepler's laws seem way neater.
Maybe I'll ask Jordi about it on Discord. No promises, though.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
An important thread made by one of the owners of the forum and one of the creators of SFS has turned into a tea vs coffee debate...