Mining drills concepts for fuel synthesis. (Will follow up with fuel synthesizer concepts)

Mining drill concept, left is stowed and the right is deployed.

SFS MINER SMALL.png

Mining drills installed onto other parts, e.g. fuel tanks.
Top is the small version (5x2, 1000g/sec of raw material, power consumption: 7000 Watts, 168 kWh per Earth day if used continuously) , bottom is the large version (10x3, 50 kg/sec of raw material, power consumption: 350000 Watts, 8400 kWh per Earth day if used continuously).

SFS MINER SMALL INSTALLED.png
SFS MINER LARGE INSTALLED.png

Last edited:

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician

View attachment 3688

Top is the small version (5x2, 1000g/sec of raw material, power consumption: 7000 Watts, 168 kWh per Earth day if used continuously) , bottom is the large version (10x3, 50 kg/sec of raw material, power consumption: 350000 Watts, 8400 kWh per Earth day if used continuously).

View attachment 3689 View attachment 3690
Great textures!

C

chibaopig

View attachment 3688

View attachment 3689 View attachment 3690
Stef Already add that !.................In my dream lol

Sweet! Just in time for my ice fishing trip on Europa.
Do bring a gas mask and self heating winter wear, it's cold as balls there and the air smells like arse. Don't expect the fish to taste as delectable as the ones you ate on Earth either, they're probably putrid and flammable, maybe even combustible enough to turn your air tight lander into a blast furnace.

ODP

Registered
Do bring a gas mask and self heating winter wear, it's cold as balls there and the air smells like arse. Don't expect the fish to taste as delectable as the ones you ate on Earth either, they're probably putrid and flammable, maybe even combustible enough to turn your air tight lander into a blast furnace.
Naw, basicly I figured I'd hook into something like a 20 foot angler fish with a taste for human bone