Mission to all moons of Jupiter.

MasterOgon

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I assembled this in orbit from two parts so that I could throw out the tanks during the flight. I also launched the landing module into low satellite orbit using a tug to save fuel
Screenshot_20230915-214439.png
Screenshot_20230915-061817.png
Screenshot_20230912-221824.png
Screenshot_20230916-212542.png

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Not very optimized but still impressive. Good job!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
What would you optimize here?
Well, the engines first: using Titan engines in space is a surprising choice, they are the least efficient. Then it's certainly possible to do it with less fuel, especially if you use an efficient flight plan (using gravity assists in particular).
I remember I could do it in a single launch, you can check the mission here.

MasterOgon

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
To be honest, I was even surprised that it was able to fly around all the satellites. I didn't count on this. I wanted the corbal to have a living compartment and be larger. And don't wait until the next launch window to return. The stage with the titans was simply needed to enter orbit and then be pushed. Otherwise, more engines would have to be added. But I still don’t always see how to use gravity; it’s not here. My planning looks abstract)

Attachments

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I see. Note that it wasn't a critic, we all have to start somewhere. My first Jupiter missions were also very big to be honest, the optimization process came later.

MasterOgon

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Nothing, I'm interested in criticism and how it can be done better. Thank you for your comments