Solved Moon base not on Moon.

So I was playing SFS like normal, and I was gonna land a satellite dish near my Moon base. I was gonna land near the base, but the base disappeared. When I looked for it, it left the Earth's sphere of influence and was
IMG_20190805_143305.png
making a sun orbit.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
So I was playing SFS like normal, and I was gonna land a satellite dish near my Moon base. I was gonna land near the base, but the base disappeared. When I looked for it, it left the Earth's sphere of influence and was View attachment 24773 making a sun orbit.
This is interesting
I've never seen anything like this so... sorry, I can't help you. Maybe others members can

So I was playing SFS like normal, and I was gonna land a satellite dish near my Moon base. I was gonna land near the base, but the base disappeared. When I looked for it, it left the Earth's sphere of influence and was View attachment 24773 making a sun orbit.
I had the same thing happen on Mars, others get this too...
Hopefully this will be resolved in the big update coming with its major orbital overhaul

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I've had this a few times, and judging by that picture, it's for the same reason. You've got too much stuff in system. Once you hit a certain limit weird things start happening like satellite dishes fire themselves out of the solar system or rovers go sub-orbital as you go past.

Clear some things out or have separate save files for different projects and you'll find things disappear less

I've had this a few times, and judging by that picture, it's for the same reason. You've got too much stuff in system. Once you hit a certain limit weird things start happening like satellite dishes fire themselves out of the solar system or rovers go sub-orbital as you go past.

Clear some things out or have separate save files for different projects and you'll find things disappear less
Oh! Makes sense, do you know when the limit will go up?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Nyet. I my have something to do with the device RAM, it may just be one of those things. I had it so bad that even switching to objects in close proximity to each other (my collection of rovers on Io, for example) would cause everything to fire off into space. Infact, you can even see it on my Project Insight video landing Excaliber. The launch tower and tow trucks jumped a few hundreds of metres into the air as I came in to land on the pad.

Must've been the sonic booms....

I've seen this often with Phobos and Deimos, very early in a game save, so I don't think number of objects in the solar system is necessarily the only factor, although I don't doubt that it's a factor! I think Blazer's point is good one too.

I've noticed that when your trajectory line crosses over something on the surface, that's sometimes when the surface object bugs out into space. That happened once with a big lunar base, and as I said it's happened many times on Phobos and Deimos.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I've seen this often with Phobos and Deimos, very early in a game save, so I don't think number of objects in the solar system is necessarily the only factor, although I don't doubt that it's a factor! I think Blazer's point is good one too.

I've noticed that when your trajectory line crosses over something on the surface, that's sometimes when the surface object bugs out into space. That happened once with a big lunar base, and as I said it's happened many times on Phobos and Deimos.
Ah, Yes that problem is really annoying on micro gravity bodies like Phobos and Deimos

spacedoge402

Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I had the same thing happen on Mars, others get this too...
Hopefully this will be resolved in the big update coming with its major orbital overhaul
it happened with me whenever I was landing a rover on mars. I switched to a satalite, and tried to switch back, but it just dissapeared.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
it happened with me whenever I was landing a rover on mars. I switched to a satalite, and tried to switch back, but it just dissapeared.
The post you replied too is old by more than 3 years. Please pay attention to the date when you answer to a thread :)