Solved Moon Landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new here. I started playing SFS a week ago. So far, I have managed to get stuff into orbit and crash a probe into Mercury, but I can't land on the moon. Last time I tried, I crashed. Maybe I should've gotten into moon orbit first?

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Hello, I am new here. I started playing SFS a week ago. So far, I have managed to get stuff into orbit and crash a probe into Mercury, but I can't land on the moon. Last time I tried, I crashed. Maybe I should've gotten into moon orbit first?
Yes first get in to LEO(low earth orbit) then you should tap the moon, when doing that you should see like a light box in a part of your orbit. Once your craft has reached that box you should burn till your line says it will get to the moons circle of influence.
Once your inside you want to loose speed, do that by burning in the other direction of speed. Do that till you get in to a stable orbit, then if you want you can descend to the moon

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I hope that helps.
Do the exact same thing to get back to Earth, if you have enough fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.