Moon mission with the smallest launcher at Realistic level

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The entire launcher is 525.4 tons. I couldn't find what else I can ditch away, so here it is:

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You can also watch there what a great mod Altaïr made (Closest Approach Line), and how easy it is now to stage multiple gravity assists with this mod, eigher several times with one celestial body or with multiple different bodies, or how to find out a good way to meet your target over many laps. You can look at example after 13:45 in the video.

And you also can see the example of using another very nice mod from Altaïr (ANAIS), which shows different transfer windows with different opportunities, whatever you wish, and shows useful additional information about what delta V we will have with the target as well when we meet it, and not only what delta V is needed right now to catch transfer window and start the transfer, like in default game transfer window. You can look at it from 11:57 in the video.

Last edited:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Nice performance! It will definitely be very hard to beat. And thanks for the advertising by the way :p

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
My ascent trajectory was not ideal plus i had left some fuel in the end, so... only 500 tons now:

Still ascended not ideally and had some fuel left. So i believe it can be improved to 490 tons, but i leave that to other record makers, 500 tons is a nice round number, i am satisfied with it. :)