Moon!

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Recently I purchased a decent telescope for half a grand! But typically as I did so, the moon was below the horizon.
But! I’ve finally gotten a decent picture! Unfortunately I was using my IPad camera, so it’s not as good as IRL.
3587CEBB-DDC7-461E-A49A-00DBA25EBFF1.jpeg

It’s as clear as water in IRL.
I’ll try using a proper camera soon!

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Aww man you make it look like I take pictures of the moon using my cat!

HDavy

Registered
A Newtonian Reflector
My baby is a Newtonian as well :)

Recently I purchased a decent telescope for half a grand! But typically as I did so, the moon was below the horizon.
But! I’ve finally gotten a decent picture! Unfortunately I was using my IPad camera, so it’s not as good as IRL.
View attachment 12129
It’s as clear as water in IRL.
I’ll try using a proper camera soon!
Phones and tablets are surprisingly good for bright sky objects though. In fact I used a cheap phone to shoot M42 and the result blew my mind!

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
My baby is a Newtonian as well :)

Phones and tablets are surprisingly good for bright sky objects though. In fact I used a cheap phone to shoot M42 and the result blew my mind!
Yeah, in the beginning I was getting this, F0B1887C-3014-4B76-B8C2-78340590A3BC.jpeg let’s say I had completely no idea how to work it:p. But I’ve been using it for a week or two now

HDavy

Registered
You'll also be able to shoot the ISS!
IMG_20190116_233702.jpg

This is the best one a got so far
Camera: Canon EOS 1200d
Telescope: 700mm achromatic refractor
Next attempt will be with the 114/900 newtonian!

I look forward to seeing what you'll shoot with your new bad boy :)

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
You'll also be able to shoot the ISS!
View attachment 12133
This is the best one a got so far
Camera: Canon EOS 1200d
Telescope: 700mm achromatic refractor
Next attempt will be with the 114/900 newtonian!

I look forward to seeing what you'll shoot with your new bad boy :)
Jeze that’s a good shot, a good tracking hand you have:p.
One cool thing is I can align and automatically track over 15000+ different objects!
Definitely better than what I was doing before, just hoping to Hell I was looking in the right place XD

HDavy

Registered
Jeze that’s a good shot, a good tracking hand you have:p.
One cool thing is I can align and automatically track over 15000+ different objects!
Definitely better than what I was doing before, just hoping to Hell I was looking in the right place XD
The almighty Goto! I'm so jealous now :p!

A Newtonian Reflector
What's the size and brand?

Here it is M42 with a cheap Android phone
That's an excellent picture!

Here's a picture I took through my Samsung Galaxy S7. It's also M42, Orion's Nebula.

1547696919261.png

It's a 10-second exposure, through an 8-inch telescope. The telescope mount can track the stars, and the slight lines created by the stars are due to the mount not being fully aligned. If you're wondering, it's a Meade LX90, which is a Schmidt-Cassegrain (compound optics) telescope. The astronomy club just invested in the last equipment we need for deep space astrophotography, and we are super excited to see what we can get!

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
This was the best pic I got.
Screenshot_20190117-015941_Instagram.jpg

I will try to take a better pic with my new telescope when there is no clouds in the sky.

There’s a gas star or nebula around here you can see if your lucky it’s quite a view , my dad always showed me things with his scope, it had mode to follow there trajectory and all sorts Jazz, I could see the rings of Saturn man! I’m jelus af u got reflector awsome! Maby you will get lucky and figure out what that random radio wave was we nvered heard before ? Like last week like 500thousand miles away or somthing I believe

What's the size and brand?

That's an excellent picture!

Here's a picture I took through my Samsung Galaxy S7. It's also M42, Orion's Nebula.

View attachment 12134

It's a 10-second exposure, through an 8-inch telescope. The telescope mount can track the stars, and the slight lines created by the stars are due to the mount not being fully aligned. If you're wondering, it's a Meade LX90, which is a Schmidt-Cassegrain (compound optics) telescope. The astronomy club just invested in the last equipment we need for deep space astrophotography, and we are super excited to see what we can get!
!!!! Thankyou dude I haven’t seen this in ages