Multiplayer Mod Called SFMP (Spaceflight Simulator)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
What's the point of that thread?

What's the point of that thread?
Well You See Altaïr... Multiplayer Needed To Start The Spaceflight Simulator Olympics, First Of All, You Need Rockets (Whatever Real Rocket You Want To Build) For The First Game Called "Colonization Of The Moon, Apollo 11 Style", Second, You Need To Build The Endurance Space Station From Interstellar To Go To 3 Gargantua System Planets Called "Edmund's Planet", "Mann's Planet" And "Miller's Planet" For The Second Game Called "Interstellar Recreation Mission" And Finally... There's 33 games That Are "Colonization Of The Moon, Apollo 11 Style", "Interstellar Recreation Mission", "Colonization Of Mars", "Save Humanity By YEETING The Asteroid To Jupiter's Gravitational Force", "Space Race To Venus, Marine 5 Style", Also I'm Lazy To Say All 33 Games So You Can Say All 33 Games If You're Not Lazy At All.

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Question, How are you going to judge these? like on what criteria? Most of these look very subjective

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well You See Altaïr... Multiplayer Needed To Start The Spaceflight Simulator Olympics, First Of All, You Need Rockets (Whatever Real Rocket You Want To Build) For The First Game Called "Colonization Of The Moon, Apollo 11 Style", Second, You Need To Build The Endurance Space Station From Interstellar To Go To 3 Gargantua System Planets Called "Edmund's Planet", "Mann's Planet" And "Miller's Planet" For The Second Game Called "Interstellar Recreation Mission" And Finally... There's 33 games That Are "Colonization Of The Moon, Apollo 11 Style", "Interstellar Recreation Mission", "Colonization Of Mars", "Save Humanity By YEETING The Asteroid To Jupiter's Gravitational Force", "Space Race To Venus, Marine 5 Style", Also I'm Lazy To Say All 33 Games So You Can Say All 33 Games If You're Not Lazy At All.
Ok but why was a new thread needed for that? You already have a thread for your roleplay, collab or whatever, we can't accept that you constantly create new threads. You already created many threads, at some point that may be considered spam.

Last edited:

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Your title is misleading. It has a person believe this is a multiplayer mod download, but it's not. Your "thread" is all of 7 words, and it makes no sense. The real content was only given to us when Altair asked what this thread was for.

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Your title is misleading. It has a person believe this is a multiplayer mod download, but it's not. Your "thread" is all of 7 words, and it makes no sense. The real content was only given to us when Altair asked what this thread was for.
Don't get me started on your comment. There is no punctuation, your almost every word starts with a capital letter, and you just sound crazy!

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Since this thread seems to be related to some challenges, this should probably be moved to missions and challenges; And not to insult Bernardo's english, but his use of the language is about as advanced as a chatbot from 1993; meaning that he is entirely unintelligible. But from what I was able to extrapolate there are a total of 33 missions; And if this Bernardo fellow wishes to have us do them; he'll need to provide documentation of himself doing these same challenges. Sorry for possibly using the wrong pronouns Bernardo, the name is historically male so I assumed you were male, but I have yet to check if that is your chosen gender identity, so apologies if I was mistaken.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Well the issue is here, there are no true ways to do multiplayer, the game really doesn't like it; Missions and challenges done in parallel are close, yet not true multiplayer. To my knowledge nobody has ever made a true multiplayer mod; It is like searching for the holy grail or fountain of youth, ultimately impossible. And please stop capitalizing every single word, in english you only capitalize the first work of a sentence. A better acronyms for spaceflight multiplayer would be SfMp, since in many acronyms if you are using two letters per word the second letter can be lowercase to make it readable, EX: SfS, Mc. Also a custom translation really should be in the custom translations category, and not considered a multiplayer mod even if it changes everything to be the form for we/us.

Something else noteworthy is that the translation itself is quite vulgar in its language, And has many grammatical errors.

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
There was a mod that Lemniscate and zTalls in the SFS CMC discord found that was Multiplayer but it's complicated

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
There was a mod that Lemniscate and zTalls in the SFS CMC discord found that was Multiplayer but it's complicated
Like proper multiplayer or quicksave hot potato? (Transfering quicksave files from person to person)

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Like proper multiplayer or quicksave hot potato? (Transfering quicksave files from person to person)
It was likely proper multiplayer, quick-save swapping is more of a pass and play sort of system.

As I do not use discord I was unaware of such a mod's existence, though the likely technical nature of it likely provides a high barrier for casual players, And is most likely not updated to the most recent version anyways. But thank you for informing me on such a mod's existence

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Actual multiplayer. Ask them since its been a while but then I dont think it works as it needs but you can ask Lemniscate Biscuit or zTallsRobot for the works
It was likely proper multiplayer, quick-save swapping is more of a pass and play sort of system.

As I do not use discord I was unaware of such a mod's existence, though the likely technical nature of it likely provides a high barrier for casual players, And is most likely not updated to the most recent version anyways. But thank you for informing me on such a mod's existence
It is in the beta version so its complicated

Ok But How To Use And Where's The UI Or The Button? it saids "Warning
It doesn't fully implement online functionality and has bugs (e.g. doesn't sync the world when multiplayer)

Considering that the code lacks some necessary features and has potential bugs, it is not recommended to put this dll file into your mod folder if you are not debugging the mod." ok?

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
It doesn't fully implement online functionality and has bugs (e.g. doesn't sync the world when multiplayer)

Considering that the code lacks some necessary features and has potential bugs, it is not recommended to put this dll file into your mod folder if you are not debugging the mod." ok?
Yes. That is indeed what the github says.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

Maybe you should have asked yourself if a functional multiplayer mod existed BEFORE starting some SFS olympics that needed it. Also, since you need mods for this, which means the PC version is needed, why do you propose a custom translation that only works on mobile?! :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's only been a few days that you're active, you already proposed many contests, like a challenge about a rocket factory (with the promise of a badge you can't award), a space station for which WE had to provide the modules, a space race to beat the russians to Venus, then a roleplay, and now some SFS olympic games. Apart from the rocket factory you did nothing yourself. Most of the people you're talking to made some actual and serious challenges (and I'm not only talking about the team Frontier or team Hawk missions), how would they take you in serious?

Honestly, if you want to be taken in serious, start showing us what you can do by yourself instead of constantly making crazy contests and trying to have us spend our time on it.

Maybe you should have asked yourself if a functional multiplayer mod existed BEFORE starting some SFS olympics that needed it. Also, since you need mods for this, which means the PC version is needed, why do you propose a custom translation that only works on mobile?! :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's only been a few days that you're active, you already proposed many contests, like a challenge about a rocket factory (with the promise of a badge you can't award), a space station for which WE had to provide the modules, a space race to beat the russians to Venus, then a roleplay, and now some SFS olympic games. Apart from the rocket factory you did nothing yourself. Most of the people you're talking to made some actual and serious challenges (and I'm not only talking about the team Frontier or team Hawk missions), how would they take you in serious?

Honestly, if you want to be taken in serious, start showing us what you can do by yourself instead of constantly making crazy contests and trying to have us spend our time on it.
Rocket Factory? An Space Station Modules? An Space Race? Roleplay? Yes, Why? I Made One Of Those Olympic Games It's Now Going To Be An Live Stream. So I Make A Issue How It Works: There's No Button or UI. · Issue #1 · AstarLC4036/SFS-Multiplayer

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
So, Bernardo. You seem to be under the impression that everything must be quick, fast paced; Instead of simply making a challenge post and waiting a few days to see if anyone attempts it, You make thread upon thread with new challenges that have yet to be attempt by you. No one takes your things seriously because you never do the things you want us to do. You then complained that the extremely experimental multiplayer mod, that has been said to be barely functional didn't have the functionality you wanted. And one more thing; If english isn't your first language please just use google translate, And if it is your first language; Take this online course Grammar | Arts and humanities | Khan Academy