My departure as an SFS Forum Moderator

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Greetings, I'm SupremeDorian. Some of you know me from the old days of the forums, some of you may know me as the moderator that occasionally lurks the forums, some might only know me from my attempt at a dark mode for the forums, or from Discord/certain other indie game forums, and some might not even know me at all, in which case hi.

As you can no doubt see from the title, I am stepping down as a moderator on this forum. This is a tough decision to make, as the SFS forums were not only my first experience with a community such as this, but my first time moderating a community and feeling so close to it. There were ups, and there were downs.
Slowly, but surely, I began to grow distant from the community for a variety of reasons. Mainly, many people who I regularly interacted with in the old days slowly began to leave. As the years went by, more people began to join, more left, and it reached a point where to me it just didn't feel the same as it used to. I'm proud of what this community has become, but like with most things in life I've grown out of it, and SFS as a whole for the most part.

I'm honestly not quite sure what I'm known for. I occasionally built something that looked kind of nice, I guess. I was generally a friendly face, and would try to treat everyone with patience and respect. I still hold to those values, as one should.
Oh, and I guess I should announce something else since it's way in the past by now: Some of the more perceptive of you may have already known to some extent, but back in the Solar Empire days I was a member of the elusive Intel Division, alongside Bananas and GuHP20. Nobody outside the SE was to know about my involvement in it, but I was always there, observing, and reporting whatever I can that may be of use to the SE.

Anyway, I'm really not good at goodbyes, but my time here was fun and I wish the best for this forum's future. If any of you want to talk to me on Discord, my tag is SupremeDorian#2357. I never did get the Forum Staff role on the official SFS server..

With all that being said, farewell. I'll still occasionally lurk the forums, but I will do so as a regular member.

also, neither coffee nor tea are superior, you all argue too much about it

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Sad to see you go man! I completely understand and feel much the same way about the discord but there are still a lot of old friends left there so I keep staying. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck where ever you go and have fun!

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Sad to see you go man! I completely understand and feel much the same way about the discord but there are still a lot of old friends left there so I keep staying. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck where ever you go and have fun!
Yup. There were of course other things that influenced my decision, but that was the main one. It was fun being here and a few of the old members do still hang around on Discord, so that's good at least.

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
Sad to see you go! Have fun doing whatever you plan on doing in the future!

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
Greetings, I'm SupremeDorian. Some of you know me from the old days of the forums, some of you may know me as the moderator that occasionally lurks the forums, some might only know me from my attempt at a dark mode for the forums, or from Discord/certain other indie game forums, and some might not even know me at all, in which case hi.

As you can no doubt see from the title, I am stepping down as a moderator on this forum. This is a tough decision to make, as the SFS forums were not only my first experience with a community such as this, but my first time moderating a community and feeling so close to it. There were ups, and there were downs.
Slowly, but surely, I began to grow distant from the community for a variety of reasons. Mainly, many people who I regularly interacted with in the old days slowly began to leave. As the years went by, more people began to join, more left, and it reached a point where to me it just didn't feel the same as it used to. I'm proud of what this community has become, but like with most things in life I've grown out of it, and SFS as a whole for the most part.

I'm honestly not quite sure what I'm known for. I occasionally built something that looked kind of nice, I guess. I was generally a friendly face, and would try to treat everyone with patience and respect. I still hold to those values, as one should.
Oh, and I guess I should announce something else since it's way in the past by now: Some of the more perceptive of you may have already known to some extent, but back in the Solar Empire days I was a member of the elusive Intel Division, alongside Bananas and GuHP20. Nobody outside the SE was to know about my involvement in it, but I was always there, observing, and reporting whatever I can that may be of use to the SE.

Anyway, I'm really not good at goodbyes, but my time here was fun and I wish the best for this forum's future. If any of you want to talk to me on Discord, my tag is SupremeDorian#2357. I never did get the Forum Staff role on the official SFS server..

With all that being said, farewell. I'll still occasionally lurk the forums, but I will do so as a regular member.

I'm also departing as a moderator for some of the same reasons above. But will continue to always check the forums, as a regular member.
I also hope to get more active, as I see my interest in space/astronomy/rockets/engineering is coming back to what it used to be

and coffee is superior

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Auf wiedersehen, and we thank you!

Water is superior :3¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I'm sad to see you and GuHP20 go. Both of you have been a fixture of the community since waaaaaay before I found SFS. It feels like the end of an era.

It's good to see that you'll still stick around.:)

T

TtTOtW

Hey Agent B... Good to see your life is progressing, a smart person once said: If you see things the same way in five years as you do now, you've wasted five years of your life. Also, you were invaluable to the SE. An undeniable part of the reason we got ahead to the extent that we did.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It was a pleasure SupremeDorian and GuHP20 , I'm a bit sad to see you go too, but that's life. I remember that originally we all three started as trial mods, we were competing again eachother. Finally we all got the job at some point :p
I wish you the best of luck guys, you'll always be welcome in this place.

If you see things the same way in five years as you do now, you've wasted five years of your life.
Exactly, and that's how I've always seen things. Oh wait...

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Slán, I hope you have a good time doing what you're going to do in the future

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Hey Agent B... Good to see your life is progressing, a smart person once said: If you see things the same way in five years as you do now, you've wasted five years of your life. Also, you were invaluable to the SE. An undeniable part of the reason we got ahead to the extent that we did.
Thank you. I am glad to have played an important role in this website's history and I'm grateful for the good times we had.