My dumb ass underestimated how thick Venus' atmosphere is and accidentally strands the crew of Lilith 1 in it

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
Screenshot_20210729_175520.jpg

Fate has ordained that the crew who went to Venus to explore in peace will stay on Venus to rest in peace.

Screenshot_20210729_175523.jpg

These brave tieflings; Arkris, Rallyre, and Lierna; know that although there is a hope for their recovery, they don't have the supplies to remain in the planet before help arrives. But they also know that there is hope for infernal kind in their sacrifice.

Screenshot_20210729_175525.jpg

They will be mourned by their families and friends; they will be mourned by the citizens of Hell; they will be mourned by a Mother Hell that dared send three of her children into a dangerous new world.

Screenshot_20210729_175528.jpg

Others will follow and surely find their way home. Infernal kind's search will not be denied. But these tieflings are special, being the first to explore the veiled planet, and they will remain forever in our hearts.

Screenshot_20210729_175531.jpg

For every tiefling who looks up at the morning or evening star in the days to come will know that there is some corner of another world that is forever infernal kind.

Screenshot_20210729_175542.jpg

Screenshot_20210729_175554.jpg

Screenshot_20210729_175557.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
They'll be dead when you arrive cause of a lack of supplies but I guess you can retrieve their corpses. I mean, I'm already planning that. But sure, what file do you need tho? I haven't tried sending world files here yet and I don't know what to send that'll make you able to play it.

Timmy

Registered
I belive I need the quick save file. I haven't sent world files either.
Make a quick save of them stranded
Then go to files > Saving > Worlds > The folder with the world you have stranded your astronauts on > Quicksaves
Send the folder with the quicksave you made of them stranded.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Question: did you have another craft waiting in orbit to return them home, or maybe your craft was supposed to land on Venus, and return home directly without docking to anything.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Atmosphere do be thick but it isnt some nightmare to takeoff, you really messed up!

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
Screenshot_20210730_022248.jpg

Here's the craft I used btw. It still had full fuel tanks when I landed. I exhausted all of it and only got this far though.

Screenshot_20210728_185720.jpg

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Land and return home directly, yes. I am a fool. Though even then, my craft still couldn't get into orbit anyways.
Good. It means that they had to take enough supplies in that landing module for the whole trip back to Earth. Since, the service module is almost untouched, all those resources should still be there. Meaning, that your crew has a chance! They can survive going to the service module for supplies and resist until the rescue mission arrives.

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh my God, I can still rescue them then. I just hope they haven't given up yet. I've read about the whole friction thing and that I should keep my speed between 40-50 m/s until I reach 14 km. I'll send them supplies first then send a refuelling station to LVO as well as a craft to come pick them up, dock them to the station to refuel, and send them back to Hell. I'll try to reestablish communication to inform them about the rescue mission.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Oh my God, I can still rescue them then. I just hope they haven't given up yet. I've read about the whole friction thing and that I should keep my speed between 40-50 m/s until I reach 14 km. I'll send them supplies first then send a refuelling station to LVO as well as a craft to come pick them up, dock them to the station to refuel, and send them back to Hell. I'll try to reestablish communication to inform them about the rescue mission.
Cmon! Its not Eve you can do it!

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
Already finished making their temporary shelter with supplies.

Screenshot_20210730_035509.jpg

Just pretend the fairings don't have side parachutes in them and is filled with supplies. I M A G I N A T I O N ~

I'm gonna try and dock this on top of the stranded command module. But first I must sleep cause it's 4 AM and I can hear my mother feeding our cats which means she's awake now and prolly about to enter my room.

Akuma

Man on the Moon
Registered
And even if it were Eve is still possible!

Akuma. I hope you don't mind, I'm making a rescue mission as well with the quicksave you posted.
I don't mind. Also, what's Eve? Is that a planet that's also hard to escape from one of the mods you guys made?

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Also, what's Eve? Is that a planet that's also hard to escape from one of the mods you guys made?
It's a planet.
Eve - Kerbal Space Program Wiki.

It exists in the Kerbal Space Program universe as the analog of Venus. Matt Lowne calls it The Planet Pain since (according to him) its oceans and atmosphere are liquid pain and gasseous pain. I just like to call it The Purple Monster.

Both names are well deserved.