My eagle 9

Leo crew launch vehicle.

To launch, you have to drive the tower arm to the left side of the pad, then load the eagle 9 into the game. Switch back to the tower arm, then drive/dock it onto the eagle 9s left side. Then the tower is complete. Next, undock the orange thingy from the top of the rocket, and it should fall to the side, and not break. Finally, undock the engine from the lower structure (you may have to switch to the rocket after you do this) throttle up, and you will have liftoff
Screenshot_20200522-101802.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-101802.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-101810.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-101818.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-101719.jpg

Attachments

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Leo crew launch vehicle.

To launch, you have to drive the tower arm to the left side of the pad, then load the eagle 9 into the game. Switch back to the tower arm, then drive/dock it onto the eagle 9s left side. Then the tower is complete. Next, undock the orange thingy from the top of the rocket, and it should fall to the side, and not break. Finally, undock the engine from the lower structure (you may have to switch to the rocket after you do this) throttle up, and you will have liftoff View attachment 37694 View attachment 37694 View attachment 37695 View attachment 37696 View attachment 37697
Covering those engines will make it more beautiful.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Nice rocket and launchpad.
But shouldn't you name it "Eagle heavy"? :p

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
A TWR of 2.6 is a bit too much. :(
I was able to get to the Moon with drag on just by making the engines smaller and removing 40 tonnes of fuel tanks from the boosters.
I shrunk the launch escape system too, it was too fast and heavy before.
Screenshot_20200522-232501.png

Last edited:
T

TtTOtW

Dude if you actually engineered it rather than tried to build something that is as fast as possible you might find it is actually super easy to get that to any planet!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hold up. You got my LEO Workhorse on the moon? Madlad
Yup, even after removing TONNES of fuel.
The trick is efficient TWR and flight path.
It's not that surprising indeed, due to how the solar system is scaled down, it's quite easy to make a "good" launcher.
It also depends on the payload. If it only consists in the capsule, you can send it very far for sure!