Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
(see also my shuttle entry earlier)

I had originally planned to send the Space Station from my Team Frontier entry to Europa, together with a science payload of a thermal drill and two rovers. The plan was to make use of my Team Hawk Atlas payload and my Team Hawk Shuttle payload to round things off. However the fuel requirement to sent all that to Europa was approaching 5-6kt and would have required rather a lot of launches! Fully documenting all those launches would have been rather a lot for the judge(s) to wade though.

In the end I decided on a simpler 'sample return' probe to Europa. Even that resulted in 50 screenshots. I might do the Europa science mission later and post a shorter set of screenshots for it elsewhere (general discussion?).

Mode: Normal/Sandbox ( all cheats disabled)
Minor Blueprint editing used (via the 'Part Text' mod)

Textures
Metallic Textures 1.0 Altair
PEx Shapes+ 1.0 Proxima Exploration (don't think they appear in this one)

The blueprint editing consisted of resizing the fuel tank bottom center to 10m wide and 4m high also resizing the stage separator above it to match. I used N.original_width and N.height to resize whch adjused the mass and fuel capacity (and separation force of the stage separator) to match. Blueprint attached.

Blueprint and Launchpad
01_BP.PNG 02_Launchpad.PNG

Launch to LEO
03_Launching.PNG 04_Stage1Sep.PNG 05_EnterSpace.PNG 06_LEO1.PNG 07_LEO2.PNG

Journey to Jupiter
08_StageSep2.PNG 09_XferToJupiter1.PNG 10_XferToJupiter2.PNG 11_XferToJupiter3.PNG 13_StageSep3a.PNG 14_StageSep3b.PNG 15_JupiterOrbit.PNG

Journey to Europa
16_XferToEuropa1.PNG 17_XferToEuropa2.PNG 18_EuropaOrbit.PNG

Attachments

Darthan

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
My Europa Mission (part 2)

Europa Landing
19_LanderDetach.PNG 20_Deorbiting1.PNG 22_Deorbiting2.PNG 23_Landing.PNG 24_Landed.PNG

Return to Europa Orbiter
25_EuropaLaunching.PNG 26_XferToOrbiter.PNG 27_OrbiterApproach.PNG 28_OrbiterDocked.PNG 29_Refuelling.PNG 30_Refuelled.PNG

Leaving Europa Orbiter
31_StageSep5.PNG 32_LeaveEuropaOrbit1.PNG 33_LeaveEuropaOrbit2.PNG

Heading Home
34_LeaveJupiterOrbit.PNG 35_StageSep5.PNG 36_XferToEarth1.PNG 37_XferToEarth2.PNG 38_XferToEarth3.PNG

Darthan

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
My Europa Mission (part 3)

Entering Earth Orbit
39_LoweringReturnOrbit.PNG 40_ReturnLEO1.PNG 41_ReturnLEO2.PNG

Deorbit and reentry
42_ReentryDeorbit.PNG 43_DetachProbe.PNG 44_ReentryStart.PNG 45_ReentryMid.PNG 46_HalfParachute.PNG 47_FullParachute.PNG

Landing and recovery
48_EarthLanding.PNG 49_EarthLanded.PNG 50_Challenges.PNG

(no mission log was generated)

New Horizons

58 AU from the Sun
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
you have to click continue in order to get the mission log.
For this specific challenge this is necessary

Darthan

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I did. SFS skipped the mission log and went straight to the menu. It has been doing this for a while now. That is the reason I took so many screenshots with the world clock visible. It should be possible to get the same information from them apart from the max heatshield temperature.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I did. SFS skipped the mission log and went straight to the menu. It has been doing this for a while now. That is the reason I took so many screenshots with the world clock visible. It should be possible to get the same information from them apart from the max heatshield temperature.
Yeah, a lot of people don't get the mission log. It should be good, but I'm no judge.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
(see also my shuttle entry earlier)

I had originally planned to send the Space Station from my Team Frontier entry to Europa, together with a science payload of a thermal drill and two rovers. The plan was to make use of my Team Hawk Atlas payload and my Team Hawk Shuttle payload to round things off. However the fuel requirement to sent all that to Europa was approaching 5-6kt and would have required rather a lot of launches! Fully documenting all those launches would have been rather a lot for the judge(s) to wade though.

In the end I decided on a simpler 'sample return' probe to Europa. Even that resulted in 50 screenshots. I might do the Europa science mission later and post a shorter set of screenshots for it elsewhere (general discussion?).

Mode: Normal/Sandbox ( all cheats disabled)
Minor Blueprint editing used (via the 'Part Text' mod)

Textures
Metallic Textures 1.0 Altair
PEx Shapes+ 1.0 Proxima Exploration (don't think they appear in this one)

The blueprint editing consisted of resizing the fuel tank bottom center to 10m wide and 4m high also resizing the stage separator above it to match. I used N.original_width and N.height to resize whch adjused the mass and fuel capacity (and separation force of the stage separator) to match. Blueprint attached.

Blueprint and Launchpad
View attachment 115050 View attachment 115051

Launch to LEO
View attachment 115052 View attachment 115053 View attachment 115054 View attachment 115055 View attachment 115056

Journey to Jupiter
View attachment 115057 View attachment 115058 View attachment 115059 View attachment 115060 View attachment 115061 View attachment 115062 View attachment 115063

Journey to Europa
View attachment 115064 View attachment 115065 View attachment 115066
Looks good. Altaïr Mooncrasher

New Horizons

58 AU from the Sun
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
wait is Altaïr now also able to grant badges?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Badge granted, sorry for the delay!

Yep, I'm able to give badges now, it's been a bit more than a year actually :)