My first ever moon base

I just finished my first moon base ever. It's not much, but I think I did well for someone who just got this game a few days ago. The base consists of a few fuel tanks, a battery, a couple solar panels, and some RTG's. Basically it is just a refueling station. I also gave it wheels and ion thrusters (which combined with the RCS thrusters allows it to fly close to the ground) so I can move it to different locations if I want to.

On the left side of the picture you can see I have a rover attached to the base at the moment.
Screenshot_20190828-191708.png

In the future I plan to make a larger and more functional base, but I think I did pretty good for my first time building a base.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I just finished my first moon base ever. It's not much, but I think I did well for someone who just got this game a few days ago. The base consists of a few fuel tanks, a battery, a couple solar panels, and some RTG's. Basically it is just a refueling station. I also gave it wheels and ion thrusters (which combined with the RCS thrusters allows it to fly close to the ground) so I can move it to different locations if I want to.

On the left side of the picture you can see I have a rover attached to the base at the moment.
View attachment 26237
In the future I plan to make a larger and more functional base, but I think I did pretty good for my first time building a base.
We all started somewhere, and I think your off to a very good start!

sadly my phone broke recently and my save and blueprint files didn't transfer to the new phone. So this little moon base plus the huge space station I was planning on posting about are both gone. I'll have to start over from scratch.

T

The Dark in the Light

View attachment 26237
probaly the best tiny base. it so small!
And sorry about your phone, my tablet is broken as well and before i moved most of blueprints i had but i didnt move my katyusha rocket truck, im sad about that

I like it. When I just started the game, I got to orbit easily(thanks to the tutorials and my non-eco friendly rocket). It took me some weeks to land on the moon, a couple more days to land on Mars and Venus. I paused SFS for many months and it is not until recently that I started to build space stations, bases, going to Mercury etc. Basically what I wanted to say was that you did really good for a beginner.

Oh right. Advice.
Maybe add a service drone powered by ions that "float" on top of the base. Also get either a launch tower or landing pad for spacecraft to land here.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I like it. When I just started the game, I got to orbit easily(thanks to the tutorials and my non-eco friendly rocket). It took me some weeks to land on the moon, a couple more days to land on Mars and Venus. I paused SFS for many months and it is not until recently that I started to build space stations, bases, going to Mercury etc. Basically what I wanted to say was that you did really good for a beginner.

Oh right. Advice.
Maybe add a service drone powered by ions that "float" on top of the base. Also get either a launch tower or landing pad for spacecraft to land here.
Weeks?

Ha, it took me 54 attempts to get a Spacecraft from Venus to Earth in base game

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
It took me weeks because I downloaded it during the school year so I didn't play the game 24/7.
I was in military service back then, I had less time than you, believe me ;)

And I have the feeling that you misunderstood what I said. I was laughing of myself because I needed all those attempts, not of the fact that it took you weeks :)

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered

View attachment 26237
Small rover but attractive. :):):)