My first rocket with 3 stages (including drone thinghy)

NOPE

Registered
Well, i built my first rocket to send a drone to the moon and get it back (i couldn't get the drone of the moon bcoz the engines Exploded bcoz of the horizontal velocity . Rip) to the rest of the rocket via porting, Also i think i respected the 1/2/4 rule, with a twr of 1.3in final, got to low Earth orbit with half fuel of the second stage ,

Screenshot_20200318-121440.png
Screenshot_20200318-122938.png
Screenshot_20200318-124249.png
Screenshot_20200318-130144.png

Attachments

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That's a good effort that. Good to see you're learning mate.

Minor points, the payload drone doesn't need that amount of (or any) batteries if you have 2 arrays powering 2 ions.
And the boosters would be better if placed lower onto the core and change the engines for Hawks as they're much more suited for that kind of task.
Very minor points though, keep it up.

NOPE

Registered
That's a good effort that. Good to see you're learning mate.

Minor points, the payload drone doesn't need that amount of (or any) batteries if you have 2 arrays powering 2 ions.
And the boosters would be better if placed lower onto the core and change the engines for Hawks as they're much more suited for that kind of task.
Very minor points though, keep it up.
Thanks mate, i would like to know how to build better, (and do the engine glitch)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
The engines being able to be stackes,and about deepness, Deep but not that Deep,above normal
When the engines are stretched out? Or stacked on top of each other?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ah you don't need those. You're not even close to the limits of what can be done normally yet.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well your largest build is 1/3rd of a build screen, so you have another 2000tons of expansion and capability to build on.
With clever building and assembly, you can literally create any sized payload and place it anywhere you please.

I use stacked engines to represent turned off nacelles, but only on my most enormous launch vehicles which are lifting 2-3 thousand tons into LEO. Stretched, I've never used as I've never needed to

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I could build a launch vehicle that can lift your 3 stage rocket and its payload complete and fully fueled and place in on the moon and not have to blueprint edit or cheat in anyway.

And that's not me flexing, there's lads here that can lift that launch vehicle and yours complete and fully fuelled into orbit, and they don't need edited engines either

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You just need to plan your payload, build your rocket properly and you'll be surprised at what you can do.

I could build a launch vehicle that can lift your 3 stage rocket and its payload complete and fully fueled and place in on the moon and not have to blueprint edit or cheat in anyway.

And that's not me flexing, there's lads here that can lift that launch vehicle and yours complete and fully fuelled into orbit, and they don't need edited engines either
Wow,thats amazing,i wish i could do these one day :)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Wow,thats amazing,i wish i could do these one day :)
You can. You just use the same principle as i showed you, but scaled up massively. Build a payload, double the weight, add enough engines to lift that weight. The hard part is getting the enormous amounts of thrust required. Which is where you get creative with assembly and boosters the size of build screens

You can. You just use the same principle as i showed you, but scaled up massively. Build a payload, double the weight, add enough engines to lift that weight. The hard part is getting the enormous amounts of thrust required. Which is where you get creative with assembly and boosters the size of build screens
Ooh, now i want to reserve a week for that,If it is good ill post it ,took a lil break and landed in the moon with 300ms bcoz i mistaken the time warp, rip

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Have a look around the forum, there a few mega-heavy class lifters and outsized designs around the place.

Landing on the moon is a good start, it's a little bit harder than landing on Earth because it's airless but it's much, much more forgiving than Mercury or any of Jupiters moons (want a challenge, land intact on Ganymede or Mercury. And then try and get back again).

I haven't got around to doing landing yet for the University, but it's covered in the Basics thread I put together last year where it details completing a powered moon landing.

Have a look around the forum, there a few mega-heavy class lifters and outsized designs around the place.

Landing on the moon is a good start, it's a little bit harder than landing on Earth because it's airless but it's much, much more forgiving than Mercury or any of Jupiters moons (want a challenge, land intact on Ganymede or Mercury. And then try and get back again).

I haven't got around to doing landing yet for the University, but it's covered in the Basics thread I put together last year where it details completing a powered moon landing.
Thanks! Just joined the discord server too ,now im going to have a look over the builds :)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Thanks! Just joined the discord server too ,now im going to have a look over the builds :)
Ha, good look finding anything on there, scrolling between thousands of screetching maniacs to find a blueprint. Proven fact that with few exceptions, the best vanilla builders in the community are here.
Those few exceptions tend to be on both discord and here (like minpercent).

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oh,but can You give me an idea of building an STS? Bcoz i really want to build one
You have an idea. You want to build a shuttle. Make the orbiter first. If you need design cues, head to the NASA website or Wikipedia and stare at photos. That's what I do.

When i built Concorde on KSP, I didn't look at other designs on KSP. Cos I'm not building someone elses Concorde, I built my Concorde.
I literally spent 2 days (and nights) just searching for photos of it from all angles, wheels down, wheels up, nose down, nose up, in flight (there's only 2 photos in existence of a supersonic Concorde, taken by an RAF Panavia Tornado that was being over-taken at 'low' level. None exist of Concorde at 66,000ft doing mach 2, as nothing else could get alongside to take the photo.) engine intake designs on the RR olympus engines, landing gear placement, dimensions, thrust ratings, fuel tank locations cut-away diagrams. I read up on flight characteristics, landing patterns, fuel ranges, trim designs, anecdotes and stories.

I could give you many ideas for a STS type shuttle. Hell I've got one of my own, Excaliber and has a proper launch tower. But if i built you one, it wouldn't be yours and you wouldn't value it.
I spent weeks making Excaliber work, it's the second hardest project i completed in SFS, as proper shuttles are one of the most difficult thing you can build and because of that, it's one thing I'm actually rather proud of making work. I'm in the middle of uprating it, but I'm hamstrung with thrust issues at the moment on the external tank.

Make one for yourself, and you'll get what i mean when it finally fucking flies straight.

All you need is a pointy bit at the front, a tail at the back, payload area in the middle and an external tank/booster on one side to propel it. It can be as big or as small as you like, powered by whatever you want and lift any payload you desire.
Build it, test it, re-build it, fly it, deliver a payload, land it, take the photos, send it in to TtTOtW and he'll invite you into Shuttle City where it'll join the largest gathering of Shuttles in the community at an enormous Space Station orbiting the moon.