My first self-made hybrid rocket engine!

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
I wish I could be a part of something like this but I have no experience with engineering and very little experience with chemistry..

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
How's that then? Its probably a lot harder to make friends and to concentrate
No it pretty good. I go to a lot of different places to connect.
For the work you just need to be interested, the good thing about home schooling is you can pick your subjects. Currently I’m doing Chemistry,art, maths, English and other subjects in my own time

For the work you just need to be interested, the good thing about home schooling is you can pick your subjects. Currently I’m doing Chemistry,art, maths, English and other subjects in my own time
How do you make test and get certificates to got to a university?

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I’ve already done physics, that’s why it’s not on the list

you have some knowledge about organic chemistry? Sorry I'm not a chemist, I'm an engineer. I have a friend working with me as well, he is a software engineer.
I do. If you are using pure oxygen, the ratio of acrylic to oxidizer will be 1:6. If you are using air as oxidizer, the ratio will be 1:10.74.

T

TtTOtW

I guess rocket fuel are generally exempted from the strict emissions control exercised over other forms of transport. Yes I know they are not purposely exploiting it by burning bad stuff by the ton per second, but it is just such a demanding and risky form of transport that the emissions become a secondary concern.

Im not a pro.. but if you're using acrylic as propellant does that greate harmful gases for the environment? Im just wondering because our teacher was saying how its near impossible to recycle it through burning
Do I look like I am building a fucking trash compactor or a rocket engine.

I do. If you are using pure oxygen, the ratio of acrylic to oxidizer will be 1:6. If you are using air as oxidizer, the ratio will be 1:10.74.
Air is by far the WORST form of oxidizer for any rocket engine, their oxygen concentration is only 20% of the whole mixture, if so then I need to build a compressor array to force increase O2 percentage. And it won't be a rocket engine anymore, it'll be a turbo fan.