Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well, I realize I never did this mission officially! Even rayman brother did it, what a shame...

But because the stock solar system is overated, I'll do it in hard mode.

For this purpose, here is the launcher that will be in charge of this mission:
Screenshot_20210406-115235_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

This is the "Such A Terrible, Unique and Rare Moon-Vehicle", which is naturally abbreviated as "Saturm-v". A totally original launcher.

That rocket is slightly bp-edited: the fuel tanks of the CSM (Common Service Module) and the LEM (Lunar Exploration Module) have been adjusted to provide just the required delta-V, so that their mass is optimized.

But it's time to lift off:
Screenshot_20210406-115245_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

First stage separation and second stage ignition:
Screenshot_20210406-115429_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-115437_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Second stage separation and third stage ignition, to reach a very low Earth orbit:
Screenshot_20210406-115731_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-115748_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-115854_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Then the Moon is set as target, and the third stage is reignited for Trans Lunar Injection:
Screenshot_20210406-120459_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-120736_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-120922_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The CSM is detached, and docked to the LEM which is extracted from the third stage. That one is now separated and let on a crash trajectory.
Screenshot_20210406-121057_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-121109_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Then, the CSM can perform its capture burn:
Screenshot_20210406-121214_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-121320_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-121415_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-121523_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Continued on next post...

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Now time to land on the Moon...
Screenshot_20210406-142749_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-142855_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-142900_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Hudson, Truncability base here, the eager has landed.

Now time to come back:
Screenshot_20210406-143129_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-143619_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
We've joined back the CSM in lunar orbit. Then the crew should normally transfer the samples to the CSM, but they now realize that they loaded all the lunar samples in the descent stage... that is still on the Moon. Well, what's done is done, so the ascent module is simply undocked and deorbited:
Screenshot_20210406-143643_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-143731_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Time to get back to Earth now:
Screenshot_20210406-143950_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-144300_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
That's a huge speed to resorb o_O

And finally, landin... splash down!
Screenshot_20210406-144539_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210406-144558_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
what is this pack and where do i get it?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
what is this pack and where do i get it?
Have you had a look in the planet and worlds section? :p

Well I was going to give the link, but 4kids beats me to it. It's a very recent one, that may be why you didn't hear about it.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Have you had a look in the planet and worlds section? :p

Well I was going to give the link, but 4kids beats me to it. It's a very recent one, that may be why you didn't hear about it.
it looks brilliant cant wait to try it out im going to replace my main world with this start over

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
it looks brilliant cant wait to try it out im going to replace my main world with this start over
Glad you appreciate :)
But I advise that you don't delete your original world just in case, IRIS is significantly harder ;)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Continued on next post..
Altaïr during long post
Well, I realize I never did this mission officially! Even rayman brother did it, what a shame...

But because the stock solar system is overated, I'll do it in hard mode.

For this purpose, here is the launcher that will be in charge of this mission:
View attachment 59920

This is the "Such A Terrible, Unique and Rare Moon-Vehicle", which is naturally abbreviated as "Saturm-v". A totally original launcher.

That rocket is slightly bp-edited: the fuel tanks of the CSM (Common Service Module) and the LEM (Lunar Exploration Module) have been adjusted to provide just the required delta-V, so that their mass is optimized.

But it's time to lift off:
View attachment 59921

First stage separation and second stage ignition:
View attachment 59923 View attachment 59922

Second stage separation and third stage ignition, to reach a very low Earth orbit:
View attachment 59925 View attachment 59926 View attachment 59924

Then the Moon is set as target, and the third stage is reignited for Trans Lunar Injection:
View attachment 59927 View attachment 59928 View attachment 59929

The CSM is detached, and docked to the LEM which is extracted from the third stage. That one is now separated and let on a crash trajectory.
View attachment 59931 View attachment 59930

Then, the CSM can perform its capture burn:
View attachment 59932 View attachment 59933 View attachment 59934 View attachment 59935

Continued on next post...
Now time to land on the Moon...
View attachment 59936 View attachment 59937 View attachment 59938
Hudson, Truncability base here, the eager has landed.

Now time to come back:
View attachment 59939 View attachment 59940
We've joined back the CSM in lunar orbit. Then the crew should normally transfer the samples to the CSM, but they now realize that they loaded all the lunar samples in the descent stage... that is still on the Moon. Well, what's done is done, so the ascent module is simply undocked and deorbited:
View attachment 59941 View attachment 59942

Time to get back to Earth now:
View attachment 59944 View attachment 59945
That's a huge speed to resorb o_O

And finally, landin... splash down!
View attachment 59946 View attachment 59947
Yay! Finally you've come already to a ded place :p

Too bad that piggy came first thou :p :p

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Wow Altaïr's doing team titan mission!

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The satire is strong with this one.

Also

...wROnG sCAle...
I built a "nearly a Saturn V" hoping I would escape this... Missed. But I clearly toyed with the limits here :p

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Glad you appreciate :)
But I advise that you don't delete your original world just in case, IRIS is significantly harder ;)
oh no i wont delete it, I'm making a new world

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I built a "nearly a Saturn V" hoping I would escape this... Missed. But I clearly toyed with the limits here :p
You'd have got away with it as well, if it wasn't for those pesky white fins.

but they now realize that they loaded all the lunar samples in the descent stage... that is still on the Moon.
Fancy leaving all your work on a different celestial body. To be fair, we've all left for somewhere important and forgotten something...

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! OH SHIT NO!

Dude sorry man but that is bloody HILARIOUS!
Ah yes, I had a lot of fun with that one :p

That was an attempt to avoid the "wrong scale" accusations by the smallest margin possible. A whole challenge in itself.