Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I think you're playing on a real scale Earth with no atmosphere, if that rocket is for delivering the rover to the moon...

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
This is like one of those “I gotta get to the moon really fast because the bus will be here in 5 minutes” moon rockets.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
How many stages?!?

To deliver what, a 20ton rover to the moon?

What moon? Plutos moons?

This is going to have so much excess Dv that it'll make lunar orbit, realise it's left the stove on, be able to come back to Earth, land, turn off the stove, take back off again and still make a moon landing.

I mean it's your rocket, but heres how I'd change it:
  • What is the top tip fuel tank for, an unpowered LES?
  • You don't need a titan as a descent engine. Not withstanding that the moons gravity is 1/6th earths so that titan is going to generate enough by itself to almost lift that entire rocket, it's too much to just slow that tiny rover down. And in a weird twist, probably doesn't generate enough Dv to land it. Grasshopper is waaaay more than sufficient if you don't want to use the more useful and easily powerful enough ion engines.
  • There's what looks like 2x 90t tanks in stage 4 that aren't connected to the engines. Fuel transfer, granted, but make your life easier...
  • There's 10 titans in the first stage, and all up it'll weigh about 1800tons so the TWR is going to be ridiculous if you're using drag correctly.
  • You don't need the liberal coating of RCS especially on the first stages as the rocket will rotate perfectly well without them cos all engines gimbal. Hell, unless you're docking with something then you don't need them anywhere and they're just added drag bonus'
  • The third stage is over-powered. If it is still somehow being used in atmosphere then you only need the pair of titans. If not, then just keep the frontier.
  • Stage 4, swap with broadsword.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
What is the overall TWR am I'm a bit iffy on maths

How many stages?!?

To deliver what, a 20ton rover to the moon?

What moon? Plutos moons?

This is going to have so much excess Dv that it'll make lunar orbit, realise it's left the stove on, be able to come back to Earth, land, turn off the stove, take back off again and still make a moon landing.

I mean it's your rocket, but heres how I'd change it:
  • What is the top tip fuel tank for, an unpowered LES?
  • You don't need a titan as a descent engine. Not withstanding that the moons gravity is 1/6th earths so that titan is going to generate enough by itself to almost lift that entire rocket, it's too much to just slow that tiny rover down. And in a weird twist, probably doesn't generate enough Dv to land it. Grasshopper is waaaay more than sufficient if you don't want to use the more useful and easily powerful enough ion engines.
  • There's what looks like 2x 90t tanks in stage 4 that aren't connected to the engines. Fuel transfer, granted, but make your life easier...
  • There's 10 titans in the first stage, and all up it'll weigh about 1800tons so the TWR is going to be ridiculous if you're using drag correctly.
  • You don't need the liberal coating of RCS especially on the first stages as the rocket will rotate perfectly well without them cos all engines gimbal. Hell, unless you're docking with something then you don't need them anywhere and they're just added drag bonus'
  • The third stage is over-powered. If it is still somehow being used in atmosphere then you only need the pair of titans. If not, then just keep the frontier.
  • Stage 4, swap with broadsword.
I have copied the rocket and builded the rover im not good in building

I have copied the rocket and builded the rover im not good in building
It’s just a matter of trial and error for most and certainly me, start off overbuilding and work new ships down until you can eyeball a new rocket and put it in orbit with just enough fuel

More than once I’ve struggled to get a payload up for hours, growing bigger every round only to realized stripping it down will get me farther