JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
We've seen someone travel across the entire moon now I will conduct a mission using a Saturn V and it will travel to the moon to do a landing but I will not use time warp at all this will take time but it will be fun for realism

T

TtTOtW

We've seen someone travel across the entire moon now I will conduct a mission using a Saturn V and it will travel to the moon to do a landing but I will not use time warp at all this will take time but it will be fun for realism
Bumblebee can do it quicker than you :p

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Im going to launch it today Im going to check if it works first

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
idk if it will take 8-12 days in sfs???

but its gonna be noice realistic time from Trans-lunar injection to lunar coast(idk what i'm sayin in lunar coast forgot the term so i just put the L.C.) to lunar vicinity (L.S.O.I.) to lunar intersection burn......

maybe landing will take 2 to 3 min. to land in sfs or lets say less than 2 min...

ahhh crap..... i have idea......
i'll follow Joeanian Space Program to the MUNNNN!!! :D :D :D :D

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Another patience challenge? Well, I wish you good luck :)

I've calculated the time it would need to make the trip. For the Earth-Moon transfer, it requires 27 hours, and you have to add 4 hours once you entered in the Moon SOI to reach the Moon periapsis. Same thing for the return trip, and of course there's the time to launch, reach LEO, land on the Moon and so on.

Those are maximal durations though, it's possible to significantly shorten the trip by making a more powerful transfer (which did the Apollo astronauts too, 3 days to go to the Moon was already a reduced duration). The duration can be slightly different just because your transfer is not exactly perfect. Don't forget that those are theoretical calculations, this only gives you an idea about what to expect. :)

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Launch is happening now I'll screenshot my way their even my Orbital Rendezvous can't have time warp

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I made sure the moon was in a correct orbit before I launched I wasn't aloud to use time warp after I lift off so I used it to get the moon to its correct orbit
The Saturn V is on its way to the moon in about 30 mins or 45 I will begin the separation and dock with my lem The S-IVB has a probe on it so I can either make it crash into the moon or I can place it into solar orbit
Pics

Attachments

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Also I know my Saturn V isn't accurate sorry

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I forgot to screenshot docking I had to make a Quicksave to dock now why
Anyway the S-IVB is on its way to solar orbit and the LEM and CSM are on its way to rhe moon
Screenshot_20200808-151913.png
here is how far Ive gotten now

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I decided to have fun while I wait for my crew to reach the moon I decided to take control of the S-IVB burn the engines to max thrust and it is now on a collision course with Jupiter

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
This might be the best mission I've done on this forum
I don't have patience but this will test it

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I saw. I was wondering how in the universe that stage even reached solar orbit... But after reading that reply it made sense.
I used the BP edit glitch to place a probe in it

T

TtTOtW

I thought my best mission was my first Mercury landing back in 2019
This will test something you have proven to be devoid of. Something critical. Patience. That's why this is better. The Mercury mission was harder technically. But this tests your character, not your skill. That's a much harder test.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
This will test something you have proven to be devoid of. Something critical. Patience. That's why this is better. The Mercury mission was harder technically. But this tests your character, not your skill. That's a much harder test.
Yes yes it does

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Location of the CSM and S-IVB
Screenshot_20200808-155718~2.png