My perfectly balanced forum has turned into something else.

MikeWe

Registered
Remember the days when we had few roles and less forum nodes/sections.
Welp, guess my hard work at perfecting the forum's balance is gone ;).

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You mean the influx of badge collectors? I wouldn't say a larger conversation base is a bad thing (with a few exceptions) as this place has morphed from a SFS forum to a bit of a chat community (especially whilst everyone is on a 1.4 strike)

MikeWe

Registered
You mean the influx of badge collectors? I wouldn't say a larger conversation base is a bad thing (with a few exceptions) as this place has morphed from a SFS forum to a bit of a chat community (especially whilst everyone is on a 1.4 strike)
Well the problem is that these "badges" are in fact "ranks" with their own specific permissions and groups. The guy that made them must've mistaken them for badges - making a lot of ranks causes a lot of micro-management in return.

MikeWe

Registered
I don't know, uncle Mike is just whining again.
I'll return to my cave and slumber for another month.
Beware of my return!

T

TtTOtW

MikeWe it does not necessarily involve micro management as you do know. It can be utilised in various ways. It is quite exciting to get a new badge. You know, when I handed the Empire over to Gecko Gekkota I knew things would change. But a different time has a different demographic, and right now he's a better leader than I was, though he does things differently from how I would. Change is good. Especially with the delayed update. Even if us older admins don't feel the same. I trained and led him for a year and a half. He now leads me. I follow faithfully because he's a brilliant leader. So yeah, change is good. Even if we can't make sense of it at times.