My realistic space stations, rockets, manned and unmanned vehicles

T

TtTOtW

Principle: Fly honest. No unbalanced gain.
More thrust without the natural associated weight penalty = dishonest. Equals cheating.

That's why for instance an ion engine driven craft has an absolute unmovable upper limit of 27078m/s Δv. You can do absolutely nothing whatsoever to change that. Except stretch it. And that is cheating. Because that now changes the dynamics of the game itself by shifting the universal limit.

So we do not condone that.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Principle: Fly honest. No unbalanced gain.
More thrust without the natural associated weight penalty = dishonest. Equals cheating.

That's why for instance an ion engine driven craft has an absolute unmovable upper limit of 27078m/s Δv. You can do absolutely nothing whatsoever to change that. Except stretch it. And that is cheating. Because that now changes the dynamics of the game itself by shifting the universal limit.

So we do not condone that.
I'm also done with this, and if you don't want i can stop posting my creations

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I'm also done with this, and if you don't want i can stop posting my creations
I’m gonna need you to show me WHEN did someone tell you to stop posting your creations. On the contrary, all you’ve had so far is positive comments... until you the moment you used stretched engines...

The only thing people are trying to do is to explain you kindly why stretching engines is cheating, even for replicas. But don’t worry, nobody will ever touch the subject on this thread.

But remember, and this is not a threat or a warning: whenever you post something with stretched engines it is certainly inevitable that someone says: “its cheating” cause that just what it is. I’m done.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I’m gonna need you to show me WHEN did someone tell you to stop posting your creations. On the contrary, all you’ve had so far is positive comments... until you the moment you used stretched engines...

The only thing people are trying to do is to explain you kindly why stretching engines is cheating, even for replicas. But don’t worry, nobody will ever touch the subject on this thread.

But remember, and this is not a threat or a warning: whenever you post something with stretched engines it is certainly inevitable that someone says: “its cheating” cause that just what it is. I’m done.
Just stop saying its cheat, i know it already! Just like i was saying, if you think im cheating and if you want i can post my creations privately to people that don't look for how it is made, but how it works, flies etc. Im sorry for being like this but you are flooding me with ,,its cheating messages". If your thinking its cheating (which is bad and is not welcome) i can do what i said above. Once again im not attacking (cause i hate this) just saying what i think i need to say.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Also, why there is so much hate on them? Guys that make much more impressive builds than me like:
Space Velociraptor
Buur Fuur
SpaceX Feather
Anubis Space
Athenian Galactic
and many more are using this technic in their AMAZING rockets, can you please tell me who is telling them ,,Hey that's cheating this rocket sucks, it is exploited"?

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Me. I've told them many, many many times. And I used to make a point of beating all their records and debunking their claims, just cos I could.
Im so sad that even if you made cool replica that you were working on for HOURS you are still gonna be beated up, cause you use streched engine, but fortunaly these people are small precent, most of them aprecieate their hard work, and not criticese it just because it has engines that are streched. And were gonna ignore that without them we would have only two options:
1. Big pile of engines that are in unrealistic number
2. Hollow husk that stays on launchpad and looks nice

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
1. Big pile of engines that are in unrealistic number
2. Hollow husk that stays on launchpad and looks nice
Or the third option is you can still build a bloody good rocket, that does the same job as good or better and because you're not relying on enhanced engines to do it, it means you're actually better at the game than those you shower so much praise on.

But what do I know? I'm the king of flying unrealistic numbers of engines

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Or the third option is you can still build a bloody good rocket, that does the same job as good or better and because you're not relying on enhanced engines to do it, it means you're actually better at the game than those you shower so much praise on.

But what do I know? I'm the king of flying unrealistic numbers of engines
Ok ok i know you are one of the best rocket builders on forum but... There is one thing that you forgot about... This video's are likes by most people, i know that doesnt mean to much for you (probably) but i think most of SFS community that are not into forums is more open to trying new types of gameplay. And to them there are only 4 cheats:
Unbreakable Parts
No Gravity
No Atmospheric Drag
Infinite Fuel.
I think i know why you hate this technique so much, maybe because of nature of the forum which you older players were probably following, because there wasnt so much to do at the older versions with special mechanics. So you evolved into traditional people that are orthodox to things that made revolutions on SFS (except planet editing cause it was something different than core of the game) which is rockets. When new playera and users joined the werent so
strictfull, and experimented. Older players (like older people) were complaining about these days where everything was stock. I think SFS forum is more closed than for example KSP forum. Once again no hate just saying things i think i know something about :)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ok ok i know you are one of the best rocket builders on forum but... There is one thing that you forgot about... This video's are likes by most people, i know that doesnt mean to much for you (probably) but i think most of SFS community that are not into forums is more open to trying new types of gameplay. And to them there are only 4 cheats:
Unbreakable Parts
No Gravity
No Atmospheric Drag
Infinite Fuel.
I think i know why you hate this technique so much, maybe because of nature of the forum which you older players were probably following, because there wasnt so much to do at the older versions with special mechanics. So you evolved into traditional people that are orthodox to things that made revolutions on SFS (except planet editing cause it was something different than core of the game) which is rockets. When new playera and users joined the werent so
strictfull, and experimented. Older players (like older people) were complaining about these days where everything was stock. I think SFS forum is more closed than for example KSP forum. Once again no hate just saying things i think i know something about :)
Amazing. You said all those words, and not a single one was correct.

I don't hate exploits or cheats. Or the people that use them. I pity them. I pity that they're unable to play this game without them. I genuinely felt sorry for those that couldn't get to Jupiter unless they were using ions or stretched engines, especially when electricity was deleted after 1.5 dropped. I feel sorry for everyone that can't think of their own rockets and ideas and have to copy what they see on wikipedia and YouTube for concepts.
For the same reason is why I don't want pre-fabricated parts in this game. It'd make it easier, and would suit most players because it'd mean the space stations and shuttles look 'better'. What it also does also do is take away from the entire point of this game, solving problems properly using ideas, ingenuity, planning. Pre-fabricated items, same with stretched engines, make the game so easy that you may as well not bother. That is the point you, your youtube list, the entirely of discord and reddit and wherever else is missing.
The game is supposed to be a challenge. Stretching an engine basically renders that challenge obsolete, when you can just take an ion, stretch it 100x so it has almost unlimited thrust and isp and you can pretty much get anywhere with 4kg of fuel.

That's why I went out of my way to try and educate people. Show them there is more to SFS than just stretching engines or slapping a few ions on the back because they had run out of ideas on how to do the mission otherwise.
By doing that will mean they're not 2 weeks into getting the game thinking 'I'm bored' cos they've been everywhere in the first few days they've had the game using that stretched Falcon 9 they downloaded from Anubis and then post 'give me ideas' threads.

You talk about exploits as if I'm too old in the game (or tooth) to appreciate them as 'another way of playing the game', as if using cheat codes is a new concept us old men have never heard of.
Man, I've got cheat codes committed to memory that are older than you are. They had to be memorised cos the internet wasn't a thing back then and you had to search these enormous books of codes for your console games that no one would buy but would be on a games store shelf for your particular game and the code you wanted, so you'd have a quick flick through, find the code, quickly memorise it, walk out the shop and then write it down.
Or some games gave them to you as power-ups for you to use.

But we used them after we'd completed the game, not on the first play through. Hell, some games would only allow you to use the cheat menu or give you access to certain items if you'd competed the game on certain difficulties. It gave those games that amazing property that games today just do not have.

Replayability.

You'd do the 30-40 hour story campaign once, earn the red bandana, then play it again, select the other ending and another 30 hours to get the invisibility cloak, then play it again to take advantage of being able to stalk around like the predator and put C4 on everyones back, then you'd play it a 4th time cos you want to get everyones dog tags and you'd now unlocked a camera, then a 5th cos by now your awesome, know the game inside out and want to go for the hardest difficulty, no saves, no alerts, no cheats, no kills.

Is there a game anywhere that does that now? No. Why? Cos gamers want updates and fast track unlocks and passes. They don't want to play the game, they want the trophy at the end as fast as possible, the stretched engines, the pre-built parts.

Imagine a game released today with only 2 factions, 1 campaign per faction, no multiplayer, a 3 tier tech tree, about a dozen units and no updates, ever.
I've been playing that game for about...20 years or so. It's called Command and Conquer. Damn right it's got cheats. But you did the game once through first before you used them.

Dude, you can play and post whatever you like. No one hates you or your work, so don't get so melodramatic about it.
But if nothing else will convince you of the righteousness of what I'm saying, consider this.
Look back on the discussions thread. Look for the posts from people looking for ideas, blueprints, updates, stretched toys. How many of them are still playing this game?
Now look again at the threads from the ones who post the challenges, provide the insights, play without exploits. You'll find those names coming up over and over and over again, because they use the game properly and it has provided long term enjoyment for them rather than that quick fix.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The hecc did i've missed over herr??

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I have to reduce the use of cheating……

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
A whole philosophical and moral debate about... *sighs*... whether stretched engines are considered cheating or not.
I was eatin a cake when I saw the debate about the "thing" and its quite fun too :p:p

I have to reduce the use of cheating……
you really should do it while you can, before the brain adopts cheats and making yourself fool. :)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I'm done with this. I said that stretched engines is cheating, and there's a way to reproduce the RD-181 more realistically and without cheating, and still didn't get any reason why to use stretched hawks.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm done with this. I said that stretched engines is cheating, and there's a way to reproduce the RD-181 more realistically and without cheating, and still didn't get any reason why to use stretched hawks.
Why the engine have to be stretched, it looks like it is squeezed when stretched

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm also done with this, i was just trying to make good rockets but if your gonna hate them i am stoping now

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Ok, fine. Your replica, your business. I was only trying to help improve it.