Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Horus Lupercal look at this: Thrust/Weight: 6.79.
minecraft, You won't be able to fly that thing legally.

Use 3 broadswords, dude.
Ha, I cast a quick look over this and moved away. I'm not an expert, but this looks not much like Starship. It's his build though and is whatever he wants it to be

And yeah, TWR is the least of the issues here.

It's too heavy for broadswords, even as it is without payload. I'd go with a hawk and a pair of B/S engines. Or a pair of hawks. Or maybe a quad B/S set up.
But that is also a bit pointless.

I'm not sure there's even enough fuel onboard for this to qualify as an SSTO, regardless of engine set up. He'll get about 30 seconds of burn there with those titans. Hawk...maybe. I've not had an in depth look

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
It's too heavy for broadswords, even as it is without payload. I'd go with a hawk and a pair of B/S engines. Or a pair of hawks. Or maybe a quad B/S set up.
If he uses a launcher, like the real Starship, 3 broadswords would do the job when the crafts leaves the launcher.
But yeah, even with your engine configuration, that thing won't even make it to half of the orbital speed with drag enabled and without a LV

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
It's too heavy for broadswords, even as it is without payload
In fact, I'm talking utter shit and humbly apologise.

At 135t, 3 B/S won't lift this anywhere.

However, it won't weigh 135t with B/S. It weighs 112.4t. Which gives it a TWR 1.09, burn time of 209.9 seconds with a Dv of 4426m/s.

Which is LEO in anyones money. Just not with a payload.

For that, 4 B/S or 2 hawks will get this and a decent payload into LEO no dramas.

3 titans might actually attain LEO. No payload, 2600m/s. Burn straight up to 10km. Crazier things have happened.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I'm not sure there's even enough fuel onboard for this to qualify as an SSTO, regardless of engine set up. He'll get about 30 seconds of burn there with those titans.
Or maybe it should considered as a Star Hopper as the fuel amount makes more sense for just a hopper.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
No Offence Mate But That Will Just Run Out Of Fuel In Orbit And It Could Reach The Moon But Won't Be Able To Come Home

In fact, I'm talking utter shit and humbly apologise.

At 135t, 3 B/S won't lift this anywhere.

However, it won't weigh 135t with B/S. It weighs 112.4t. Which gives it a TWR 1.09, burn time of 209.9 seconds with a Dv of 4426m/s.

Which is LEO in anyones money. Just not with a payload.

For that, 4 B/S or 2 hawks will get this and a decent payload into LEO no dramas.

3 titans might actually attain LEO. No payload, 2600m/s. Burn straight up to 10km. Crazier things have happened.
Much math.
My brain hurts.