My take on Firefly The 'Verse Custom Solar System

I thought why not create the whole 'Verse of the great show and movie Firefly in which the Serenity speeds through the system. I struggle, though, putting Georgia and the Red Sun in the same orbit around the White Sun. The Red Sun seems to not show up at all. When I change the orbit a bit the Red Sun appears too close to Georgia and not in L3 orbit.
Anyone an idea how to do that? For reference this is the whole System I plan to do: https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/Maps_of_the_%27Verse?file=Verse.png

Attachments

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Problem is, we can't put two objects in the same orbit. I mean, we can but they would be overlapping each other. That's probably what is happening to you: Georgia and the Red Sun are spawning, but they're clipping through each other, so you canonoy see one.

My suggestion is, don't put them in the same orbit, put one of them slightly inside or slightly outside and blame the fact that we can't choose a planet's starting position, as the cause of this small inaccuracy.

Thanks Blazer. That's a pity. :confused: I now had to adjust all the orbits of the outer stars orbiting White Sun, they are now farther out. But it will become playable, I guess :D

I'll post updates from my progress of this project from time to time here :) Open for critique, suggestions and questions.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Thanks Blazer. That's a pity. :confused: I now had to adjust all the orbits of the outer stars orbiting White Sun, they are now farther out. But it will become playable, I guess :D

I'll post updates from my progress of this project from time to time here :) Open for critique, suggestions and questions.
Absolutely, feel free to post any images, peeks, and information about this project.:)

I send new screenshots tomorrow. This project is huge there will be hundreds of objects and a ton of bugs along the way, because I try not to make it in scale, so I use the base game distances.

Throkir

Registered
Little sneek peek for some planets and the orbits of most of yet implemented objects. Recently I created my own textures for the planets and stars, besides atmospheres and ohers, I borrowed from other creators. (sorry for that :D) I either will ask the authors for permission to use, before I share any alpha or beta of this project.

Attachments

Throkir

Registered
*or create my own atmosphere and co. textures.

I'll keep you posted and check out my google doc for more information and insight into this project. Peace ^^

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Very nice. I think other creators won't mind that you used their textures, as long as you credit them for them.

Update: Almost there at the White Sun System

I managed to implement most, and so far all what is needed for a "White Sun System Beta". All I have to do are some tiny adjustments and then I will upload the file here.

So far I have a total of 67 objects. For the beta I will upload two versions, the "White Sun System beta" in which I will remove the stars and planets outside the White Sun system and the "The Verse Beta" in which I leave it as it is right now.
More information, details, progress and kind of changelog aswell as a credit and a bug section, check out this google doc:
The ‘Verse Progress - System Overview and Updates

For now I leave you with some screenshots. I will give no release date, because this would be to much stress and wouldn't fit in my life's schedule.

Have fun, see ya

Your Throkir

Attachments