Swingin' on a Star
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Let's start with the Voyager Mission!

Here's my rocket. I decided to stick to the old limit of 250T, as I think it's more than enough (indeed, the total mass of my rocket is 248.23T). My rocket has two side accelerators and only two stages: I prefer this configuration rather than a pile of 3 or 4 stages one on top of the other. I don't know if it's more efficient or not, but I like it
As Altaïr did in his entry, I made the fairing a bit longer than neccesary, in order to compensate the fact that the probe is a bit shorter than before, as it no longer has an auto-generated separator between the capsule and the tank:
Screenshot_20211229-152509_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

For the launch I followed Altaïr and Blazer's recomendations, so I flattened my flight path to gain horizontal speed as fast as possible, before my side accelerators burn out.. By the time I reach orbit, my first stage is almost depleted:
Screenshot_20211228-163806_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-163849_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-163934_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-163944_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-164304_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Now, with my second stage, it's time to reach to the stars, and beyond:
Screenshot_20211228-164402_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-164554_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-164631_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

When I cross the Martian orbit, my speed is 7303.2m/s. As you can see, I still have the probe's tanks 100% full:
Screenshot_20211228-190738_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-190744_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20211228-190836_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Sorry I didn't detach the probe from the second stage for the last capture, but it doesn't make any difference, does it?
Hope you like it!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I could recreate your mission with success, that's perfect. Congratulations on your Voyager quest :cool:

My rocket has two side accelerators and only two stages: I prefer this configuration rather than a pile of 3 or 4 stages one on top of the other. I don't know if it's more efficient or not, but I like it
That's efficient. If that's because I recommended a 3 stages rocket in the tutorial it's fine, as the boosters themselves can be considered a stage, so a boosted 2 stages rocket is good.

I would only make the boosters a bit shorter and the first stage a bit longer to compensate. When your boosters are depleted the core itself is practically depleted too, it has enough power to run alone sooner.

Good launcher overall. Mooncrasher or Blazer Ayanami will give you your badge.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Congratulations on accomplishing it! :)

Rigel

Swingin' on a Star
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I would only make the boosters a bit shorter and the first stage a bit longer to compensate. When your boosters are depleted the core itself is practically depleted too, it has enough power to run alone sooner.
It makes all sense. Will follow your advice in my next rocket! Thanks!