Negative energy

Loxy

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
I don't even know what topic to include....khm... so

Already everyone has heard for a long time about attempts to invent a warp engine in real life. They say that work requires negative energy. I just thought about how to get it.

The usual term energy means: Energy is a single measure of various forms of motion and INTERACTION OF MATTER.
So I thought: If you interact with antimatter, then, logically, you should get negative energy.
Humanity already knows how to get antimatter. But what should be the interaction with antimatter to get negative energy? I think they will figure it out in the near future.

P.S People have just learned to fly into space and already want to jump across galaxies on the warp, lol

T

TtTOtW

Already everyone has heard for a long time about attempts to invent a warp engine in real life. They say that work requires negative energy. I just thought about how to get it.

The usual term energy means: Energy is a single measure of various forms of motion and INTERACTION OF MATTER.
So I thought: If you interact with antimatter, then, logically, you should get negative energy.
Humanity already knows how to get antimatter. But what should be the interaction with antimatter to get negative energy? I think they will figure it out in the near future.

P.S People have just learned to fly into space and already want to jump across galaxies on the warp, lol
I think your last statement explains the madness of it all. We are nowhere near ready to even walk on Venus. Never mind face extrextrasolar - and extragalactic - conditions, and survive...

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

How did they get to the conclusion that warp drive (definition required) uses negative energy (definition required), and that negative energy (definition required) is produced by interaction with antimatter?
If you interact with antimatter, then, logically, you should get negative energy.
WTH. I don't see your logic. When matter and antimatter annihilate, energy is produced, not neutroenergy or something like that. Why would negative energy have these holy powers and energy not? Your basically trying to predict what would happen if (something we consider impossible) happened with a phenomenon you invented, using a new inexistent rule you just invented.

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Matter/antimatter interaction results in the production of energy. No positive or negative. Maybe dark matter/energy might do something. We don't know. Makes up 70% of the universe and we can't lay hands on it. Try jumping through a black hole. Supposedly energy from an old universe is leaking through. We have proven, mathematically, time travel is possible in that paradoxes self heal. No going back to kill hitler or stop your parents from meeting

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Thats what humanity is about , if we were rational we wouldn't send ourselves flying into the stratosphere ontop of hundreds of tonnes of explosive liquid in pressurised tin cans. If we were rational we wouldn't have tried to fly in lumps of wood and metal built in some guys shed. If we were at all a reasonable species we wouldn't have put ourselves to sea for months on quests to find the new world.
All of those were very ambitious and irrational but look how they have helped us in the long run , from experience we as a species know that reasonable leads to nothing exciting. Personally I think we should be getting there quicker. We have been on this planet for millions of years , its more than overdue that we go out there into the cosmos.

Loxy

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
Thats what humanity is about , if we were rational we wouldn't send ourselves flying into the stratosphere ontop of hundreds of tonnes of explosive liquid in pressurised tin cans. If we were rational we wouldn't have tried to fly in lumps of wood and metal built in some guys shed. If we were at all a reasonable species we wouldn't have put ourselves to sea for months on quests to find the new world.
All of those were very ambitious and irrational but look how they have helped us in the long run , from experience we as a species know that reasonable leads to nothing exciting. Personally I think we should be getting there quicker. We have been on this planet for millions of years , its more than overdue that we go out there into the cosmos.
Cosmos? But space. Are u russian?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think your last statement explains the madness of it all. We are nowhere near ready to even walk on Venus. Never mind face extrextrasolar - and extragalactic - conditions, and survive...
I'm with Soyuzturtle on this one. If humanity did things when it was considered 'ready', we'd still be eating our food raw. 25 years after Chuck Yeager tip toed his way past the sound barrier driving an experimental rocket assisted aircraft (Glamourous Glennis), airline passengers were doing Mach 2, 4 times a day on Concorde. Less than 70 years after we barely managed to keep a man off the ground for a few hundred feet, we put what would be (if it were nailed down) one of the largest buildings in the world into a vertical climb and landed 2 dudes on the fucking moon.

By that logic, we shouldn't have gone anywhere. There are still areas of this planet we have yet to see, never mind Venus or the Moon.

I think ‘negative energy’ is meant to be equated to ‘negative mass’, which is different than antimatter which is of ‘normal energy’

Antimatter is real, but less viable than fusion energy which isn’t viable at all...
But let’s keep working on it anyway;
Negative Matter is a totally made up, but hey, not impossible hypothesis

The idea, if we’re on the same page, is Gravity vs Anti-Gravity for a Gravity Train;
Way out theorists, the sort of OCD type super symmetry partial physics who obsess over things while they’re drunk but can’t pass out, they think maybe there should be negative matter to round out the particle chart

So regular Matter Gravity affects Negative Matter just the same, so they say, but Negative Matter has Anti-Gravity;
So put a kilo of NegM behind a kilo of RegM and the Reg will pull the Neg which pushes the Reg as it pulls causing both to free fall in a line (Neg>>Reg=>)

This all sounds rather convenient;
Why wouldn’t Gravity/AntiGrav just cancel?
Even if it did go this way why not go into a wonky go nowhere orbit?
I mean how much fuel to keep the whole lot from falling out of line particularly as the ship’s mass is more or less doubled since the Negative Mass is still Mass and the rocket equation just comes back around laughing at the whole thing which is probably just nonsense anyway

There’s still hope, so get a PhD looking into it if you want, but antimatter, fusion and radioactive ion engines are real right now