Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Bob, why dont ya try to remove the struct on fairing (not on the top but on the side, so your payload have more space) and also clip it ;)

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Bob, why dont ya try to remove the struct on fairing (not on the top but on the side, so your payload have more space) and also clip it ;)
Been trying to hide it and fill gaps. Fairing wants to stick for some reason which is f'ed up. Usually anything attached to fairing slides right off. Hey it's a WIP:p I don't think it will ever be as pretty as yours. No editing yet. I know I shouldn't try to barely squeeze by. It should look better. Right now I can honestly say it's about the ugliest shuttle I've ever seen. I'm always pleasantly surprised how well it handles when I get the engines balanced. Though landing does require a little coordinating

Attachments

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Been trying to hide it and fill gaps. Fairing wants to stick for some reason which is f'ed up. Usually anything attached to fairing slides right off. Hey it's a WIP:p I don't think it will ever be as pretty as yours. No editing yet. I know I shouldn't try to barely squeeze by. It should look better. Right now I can honestly say it's about the ugliest shuttle I've ever seen. I'm always pleasantly surprised how well it handles when I get the engines balanced. Though landing does require a little coordinating
wait imma show you later how my shuttle detaches and locks up

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Well, is a working shuttle. And that is all the challenge demands.
Yea :)

and also, did you made a "how to create workable payload bay" early days of 1.5 right? idk if its your SSTO thou, when you've demonstrated it?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
and also, did you made a "how to create workable payload bay" early days of 1.5 right? idk if its your SSTO thou, when you've demonstrated it?
Yes I did. Is my shuttle, my first and only 1.5 shuttle, the Stalwart Chimera. I didn’t recommend it to Bob, cause I didn’t want people to say I’m trying to impose my building style.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yes I did. Is my shuttle, my first and only 1.5 shuttle, the Stalwart Chimera. I didn’t recommend it to Bob, cause I didn’t want people to say I’m trying to impose my building style.
but it works :p

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
well some of my payload design have similarities-ish from that (after i've firstly literally abused clipping on 1.5 :p)

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I totally appreciate that. I agree. Designing rockets is like any other creative field. Sure engines on one end hopefully pointy on the other. Lots of stuff in the middle to reflect the individual. I daresay i can recognize a TtTOtW shuttle in a group.
It's not only that I'm lazy that I don't copy others rockets. When you see something I've built I want you to know it.
I just read the intellectual property piracy act and if someone is dumb enough to copy verbatim they don't need to be reproducing anything. Especially children.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Hey, want a hinge?
Screenshot_20210304-080715.png

Raw mechanism
Screenshot_20210304-080959.png
Screenshot_20210304-081023.png

Example payload bay.

Open by tapping the fairing, then the docking port. Use RCS or probe torque to move door.
NOTE: move the port on the door up by 0.1m or it might not close.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
That’s really nice Marmilo :D
Thanks!
There are two cons of this design though. The first is that it needs bp editing to move the port, and secondly you cannot time warp with the door open in space or it'll fly away.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
That is normal for most (if not all) mechanical systems in this game.
True :(
It would be cool if we had like integration mechanisms...
Like flexible parts to join one part to another but with freedom of movement remaining...

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hey, want a hinge?
View attachment 57693
Raw mechanism
View attachment 57694 View attachment 57695
Example payload bay.

Open by tapping the fairing, then the docking port. Use RCS or probe torque to move door.
NOTE: move the port on the door up by 0.1m or it might not close.
That is good work Marmillo. I know mechanical components can be created. Just takes a little ingenuity. :) thanks to everyone for their valuable advice. I just may make a good looking shuttle yet!:p

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That is good work Marmillo. I know mechanical components can be created. Just takes a little ingenuity. :) thanks to everyone for their valuable advice. I just may make a good looking shuttle yet!:p
:)

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That is normal for most (if not all) mechanical systems in this game.
Is that the problem? LMAO. I wondered why attached payloads would fall out the back of the shuttle when it was closed.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Is that the problem? LMAO. I wondered why attached payloads would fall out the back of the shuttle when it was closed.
Yeah, basically when you timewarp, the game stop considering the physics. So, if you have an unattached payload, it will just ghost through your container. Same with every other object.