Old Features

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
There are some old features that were removed. Some of these features added a lot to the game. Here is a place to list some of those features that we would like to see implemented back in the game.

Here is one for mine:
Parachutes adapting to parts above
Screenshot_20200625-231740.png

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I still long for the time when parachutes adapted. On another note the orbital parameters that showed on on 1.35 were super helpful.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I want the thing we're it tells you how long your ship has been in time warp

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I miss the Solar panel glitch aswell since it was good for my launch tower so when the tower fell on its side it didn't break

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
The Closest Approach to planets.
Definitely. I did VEEGA for the first time 3 days before the update, no I'm not able do it.
And rotating all parts in the menu.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The Closest Approach to planets.
Definitely. I did VEEGA for the first time 3 days before the update, no I'm not able do it.
And rotating all parts in the menu.
I have to agree with that. I managed to do it because I was used to it before, and with the help of a few trials and errors, but for people that never did it in 1.4 it will be a pain.
That new navigation system is still experimental (I'm well placed to know), so there are excuses, but it definitely needs some improvements.

T

The Dark in the Light

Old navigation system. Colsest approach lines were the only reason I could dock. I can't now, not yet. And the undo button. We need it back. I'd like to see an option to switch between the old and new navigation system.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Old navigation system. Colsest approach lines were the only reason I could dock. I can't now, not yet. And the undo button. We need it back. I'd like to see an option to switch between the old and new navigation system.
I personally disagree about the navigation. Maybe bring back closest approach, but definitely don't remove it altogether. It is way easier to dock now once you get it right.

T

The Dark in the Light

I personally disagree about the navigation. Maybe bring back closest approach, but definitely don't remove it altogether. It is way easier to dock now once you get it right.
I meant having an option ingame to switch between the nav systems, not remove the new one. It's good for space travel.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I managed to do it because I was used to it before, and with the help of a few trials and errors,

Exactly the same here. Still, the Its a pain to navigate using Gravity Assistances.
I have to agree with Earl. Personally I found docking much easier with this system and I admit it has advantages over the old one, but still, the Closest Approach to planets is something that never should have been removed.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Exactly the same here. Still, the Its a pain to navigate using Gravity Assistances.

I have to agree with Earl. Personally I found docking much easier with this system and I admit it has advantages over the old one, but still, the Closest Approach to planets is something that never should have been removed.
Personally I think that with some improvements, the new navigation system style could replace the old one: instead of managing the closest approach line, the game would give us directly the best transfers available to get an encounter. But let's say I'm not objective on this :p
What's sure is that the system as is needs some improvements.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Personally I think that with some improvements, the new navigation system style could replace the old one: instead of managing the closest approach line, the game would give us directly the best transfers available to get an encounter. But let's say I'm not objective on this :p
What's sure is that the system as is needs some improvements.
Okay, just do that, just add something that allows to see when is the best time to burn to get an encounter for a GA.