Parts are visible but won't move

So basically I load a blueprint and none of the parts is moveable, nor do they register as actual parts, though they are still visible. This has happened several times before.
2023-01-06 (4).png

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
i think you just encountered an glitch, i think. maybe try to do something in game files to get it working

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wow...

I reply quite late, but you should post in the current Help and support section instead. That one is the legacy section, we don't look it much.

Does it still happen to you? Do you run the latest version of the game? Does it only happen when you load a blueprint or is it also the case for a blueprint you design from scratch?

Wow...

I reply quite late, but you should post in the current Help and support section instead. That one is the legacy section, we don't look it much.

Does it still happen to you? Do you run the latest version of the game? Does it only happen when you load a blueprint or is it also the case for a blueprint you design from scratch?
Yeah sorry. I only noticed that I posted it in the wrong section after I posted it. But I have posted it in help and support. It happened once again a few days ago to another rocket I was building. I think it occurs when I load a blueprint then the blueprint stays that way, and yes I'm on the latest version of the game

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yeah sorry. I only noticed that I posted it in the wrong section after I posted it. But I have posted it in help and support. It happened once again a few days ago to another rocket I was building. I think it occurs when I load a blueprint then the blueprint stays that way, and yes I'm on the latest version of the game
This is weird, I have no idea... Can you please post one of the blueprints for which it happens so that I can try myself?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Blueprint
The best I can do is give you the blueprint file because the game doesn't let me share the blueprint
That's perfect, thanks.

I tried to load it on my phone, I had the same problem. You play on the PC version right? Do you use mods, custom parts? If that's a blueprint you downloaded did you check if it required some mods? That could be the reason.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ok, I could investigate, apparently the bug is caused by 2 fairings that use the new part adaptation to fuel tank feature. That's mostly a bug, I'll report it to the developer, they may be interested into it.

Edit: also moved thread to the current section for more visibility.

That's perfect, thanks.

I tried to load it on my phone, I had the same problem. You play on the PC version right? Do you use mods, custom parts? If that's a blueprint you downloaded did you check if it required some mods? That could be the reason.
I use PC, and use Cucumber's build upgrade mod. That's mostly it. This bug only happens to builds I've made though

Ok, I could investigate, apparently the bug is caused by 2 fairings that use the new part adaptation to fuel tank feature. That's mostly a bug, I'll report it to the developer, they may be interested into it.

Edit: also moved thread to the current section for more visibility.
Alright, thanks so much. As much as I can tell it did happen when I was editing fairings, like using them for engines and all that. Please do let me know if there is any way to restore the functionality of the blueprints, thanks again

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I use PC, and use Cucumber's build upgrade mod. That's mostly it. This bug only happens to builds I've made though
Unrelated to your issue, but you should really not use the old mod loader anymore. Eventually this will cause you more issues when it inevitably becomes too outdated and broken by updates. I'm honestly surprised Cucumber's old mod has survived this long without causing major bugs.

You can find a guide for removing the old modloader here under "If you used Dani's modloader". This mod already has counterparts that offer the same features in the new official mod loader, PartEditor for editing individual parts and Build Settings for the grid parameters.

Unrelated to your issue, but you should really not use the old mod loader anymore. Eventually this will cause you more issues when it inevitably becomes too outdated and broken by updates. I'm honestly surprised Cucumber's old mod has survived this long without causing major bugs.

You can find a guide for removing the old modloader here under "If you used Dani's modloader". This mod already has counterparts that offer the same features in the new official mod loader, PartEditor for editing individual parts and Build Settings for the grid parameters.
Oh thank you, I had no idea. There was a few months period where I didn't play sfs at all and only started replaying it recently

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Alright, thanks so much. As much as I can tell it did happen when I was editing fairings, like using them for engines and all that. Please do let me know if there is any way to restore the functionality of the blueprints, thanks again
I could remove the 2 fairings that made the game break, but now the bp is not functional, the rocket collapses on itself when you spawn it on the pad. At least it leaves you the possibility to try to fix it. Apparently the fairings that cause the bug are from the nozzle.

Oh thank you, I had no idea. There was a few months period where I didn't play sfs at all and only started replaying it recently
I didn't notice myself, but yes, the old mods are not functional anymore. At least they shouldn't be, I'm genuinely surprised that this one still works. The situation about the mod loader is stable now, but generally speaking it's still a good idea to check the mods regularly, especially after an update because old versions are more enclined to break.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I actually had the same problem, but mine happened a little different.

I overwrited a bp and wanted to bring it back by extracting it's files from a quicksave, i was successful until i realised that i summoned it's ghost into the build screen, it's mass didnt register and i couldnt select nor move any of it's parts.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I actually had the same problem, but mine happened a little different.

I overwrited a bp and wanted to bring it back by extracting it's files from a quicksave, i was successful until i realised that i summoned it's ghost into the build screen, it's mass didnt register and i couldnt select nor move any of it's parts.
Save the bp and make a copy, then remove a few parts with a text editor then try reloading it. Do this until the bp works again. That will allow you to identify the parts that pose a problem. Apparently it's a problem with the fairings, maybe start with the fairing parts then.

I could remove the 2 fairings that made the game break, but now the bp is not functional, the rocket collapses on itself when you spawn it on the pad. At least it leaves you the possibility to try to fix it. Apparently the fairings that cause the bug are from the nozzle.

I didn't notice myself, but yes, the old mods are not functional anymore. At least they shouldn't be, I'm genuinely surprised that this one still works. The situation about the mod loader is stable now, but generally speaking it's still a good idea to check the mods regularly, especially after an update because old versions are more enclined to break.
Well, thank you so much for your help. You're actually a life saver, so many builds that I've spent a lot of time on have done this