Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Thanks for starting to see this thread guys...

Since my last important creation Forgestar X-19 I haven't been posting anything because I was working on something important, a recreation of the FAM shuttle Pathfinder, in this thread you will be able to see what my progress was until I finished it, What remains to be finished is the large C-5 Galaxy plane, that will take a little more time because I am going to make it quite functional in terms of landing gear and cargo hatch...

Welp
Forgetting that, to what is the main thread, the progress and explanation of how I built this shuttle that is so smooth and works quite well (All this without using mods, only those of bp edit, but the advantage is that it can be completely used on Android and iOS as well)

It has more than 600 pieces and despite that it runs smoothly on my 4gb ram pc lmao, it has included a quite realistic loading door system that can be adapted to any use, deploy modules, satellite, deploy a system of missiles, a fucking railgun or any other things.

First I started making a little of the wing, and the main bulk (which are the pressurized fuel tanks) and the nose of the shuttle

Quite bad lol
IMG-20231103-WA0017.jpg

Then i decided to continue with the rest of the shuttle
IMG-20231104-WA0002.jpg

Here, i fixed some shadows and the shape of the bulk, more round

You may wonder, why does that curve look so soft and strange? (Still not completely fixed in that photo btw)

Well, that is a custom burn mark that Raffi discovered, it is like a flat half fairing, it has a reversed shadow, not like negative widths, totally different

This is how looks
Screenshot_2023-10-30-22-26-24-561_com.discord.png

Screenshot_2023-11-20-03-31-00-459_com.discord.png

So i used the second texture and decreased the brightness of my piece a little until I adjusted it to my needs, I also did this to expand the size of the cargo space and at the same time make that effect visible

IMG-20231104-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20231104-WA0010(1).jpg

Then i decided to start with the door, I was thinking for a long time, how the hell do I make a cargo bay look realistic and functional?

So I decided that if the game is in 2D when a door like that opens, from our view it would only look like it unfolds upwards, maybe a little at an angle, then things go through it, make the cargo bay moves just to the side or use the very bugged aerodynamic fuselage part would make it look bad, because using fuselage the things that are inside are shown through the door, So to make a cargo bay that doesn't have a hitbox I decided to use fairings, but how is that possible?

When you make a very large fairing using the "width" value in an exaggerated figure and then reduce it with "x" to its original size, the hitbox in game dissapears, you push anything across it, Then you set height 0.1 and adjust with Y, to prevent the door from weighing more than 50 tons or something like that

IMG-20231104-WA0020.jpg

Then you put a few pistons and make a system that raises the gate vertically and other pistons that push the missile system or the load you chose

(Not the final design pic)
Screenshot_2023-11-20-03-53-01-257_com.discord.png

Add a few more details, letters, a few engines and things like that
IMG-20231105-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20231105-WA0036.jpg

Recorded a video of how it works (in that video it was not the final version)
Screenshot_2023-11-20-03-57-14-313_com.google.android.youtube.png

After all I finished all the details and this was the final version (with open bay, missiles and everything included)
image.png
image.png
image.png

Adapted it to put a reloadable railgun mechanism by Mario, and looks so cool
image.png

Tomorrow I will record a GIF to put it here so you can see how the mechanism works and how smooth it runs when I use it

Altaïr I am sure that these mechanisms will interest you, about some things of how the pieces works [TEA]

Now the progress of the c-5 galaxy, it hasn't been long until now, this is what I managed to do in half an hour
image.png

More updates on this progress next weekend, if I'm not too lazy :p:p

Last edited:

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Update, now I finished the main outline of the c-5, then I will add the details and mechanisms, for now it is complete Quite a few things need to be fixed,like the ugly wing
image.png
image.png
IMG_20231120_181510.png

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
This whole project is incredible! Profile view rocket aerodynamics and thrust angling are so freaking difficult for me so I know this took some work, but...
what I managed to do in half an hour
eXcUsE mE?! HaLf An hOuR?!

And that animation is slicker than a sunscreen salesman

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This whole project is incredible! Profile view rocket aerodynamics and thrust angling are so freaking difficult for me so I know this took some work, but...

eXcUsE mE?! HaLf An hOuR?!

And that animation is slicker than a sunscreen salesman
Thanks for the support friend, there are quite a few hours of work involved in this project

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Amazing build as always, congrats!