PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
This Spaceflight Simulator Custom Part Pack comes with some "nice to have" utilities that expand the experiance but don't break game mechanics or provide signficant advantages.

Current Items:
  1. Truss Separators, now you can see what is between your stages
  2. Cargobay, for when you want to launch a shuttle worth of payload.
  3. 45 Degree struts and connector for more elaborate super structures
  4. PicoSat, a cube sat
  5. Hidden Separators for streamlining rocket.
  6. Vent port for venting fuel needlessly into space
  7. Petal Fairings
  8. MegaCHUTE Deorbiter - a giant high altitude parachute
  9. Vertical Landing Gear (3 Sizes!)
  10. Engine Breakaway system
  11. Solar Radiators for reducing heat and generating electricity
  12. Tri-chute - Three chute in one.
Future Planned Items
  1. Hinged Fairlings, because they look cool.
  2. Flag, make your mark on alien soil.
  3. Pocket Landing Gears, for when you want to be fancy!
  4. Walker system, cause rolling is for wusses.
  5. Functional Piston & Rotator
Latest Release Available Here --> https://github.com/EmberSkyMedia/SFS_ESM_Utility

Truss Separator in Action (Video)

No-Torque Rover Core with its own wheels (optional if you want to use them or not)
20220731121134_1.jpg

Cargobay (Smallest Size - Open) with 3 PicoSats which are equiped with solar panels
20220731121158_1.jpg

Its a Giraffe made with 45 deg parts
20220727143310_1.jpg

Last edited:

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Got some feedback so I updated the cargo bay design and operation.

Demo video of the updated cargo bay.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
YT Channel hit 300 subs so I decided to release a quick update. Added the Engine Breakaway system, which allows you to toss your heavy lift engine once you reach orbit which is known as 1.5 staging!

Still working on a host of cool stuff that will be coming with the "big" update later this month.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Version 2 is now released, packed with a lot of new custom parts to improve your rocket design!

Additional Items:

1. Petal Fairings - An alternative to fairings, these ones don't explode off your rocket potentially getting caught up in the payload (it happens). Rather a far more elegant solution they open up like flower petals allowing the space craft to exit the enclousure.
Comes in 4 variants:

• Cone for small payloads.
  • Capsule Tube for typical payloads.
  • Tube for Apollo-like operation (where your store the lander in the fairing and the orbiter on top) this one will adapt to the payload (not fairing) placed on top.
  • Massive Tube (just like the tube... but big enough to fit a whole full accent rocket in it!

1. Vertical Landing Gear
    These compact landing gear extend straight down past your engine nozzle for a more comfortable landing when size/slimness is a premium or you don't want to add areodyanmics to the side of your rocket. Great for SSTO (single stage to orbit) rockets.
  2. Hidden Seperator
    As the Truss Separator is getting an improvement I decided to split the invisiable separatro option off it into its own separate part. This allows you to add it in on your spacecraft without that visible "this is clearly the separator". Also retracts on use.
  3. Solar Radiator
    Reduces "Heat" from upcoming items that produce "Heat" and a small amount of Electricity
    Requires N2O4's Electrical Pack to be fully functional
  4. MegaCHUTE Deorbiter
    Basically a massive parachute to reduce your upper atmosphere speeds fast, however be prepared for a very loooooong decent.
Fixes:

1. Truss Separator
    After much negative feedback these have gotten a MAJOR upgrade in looks to appear more "truss like" with an appropriate number of trusses for various widths. The invisiable portion was removed to become the "Hidden Separator" as its no longer compatible.
  2. Cargo Bay Doors
    Additional capbilities added, the floor will release everything attached, and in the center of the bay is a docking port for payload capture.
Other Parts Unchanged:

1. 45 Degree Trusses and Connectors
  2. Engine Breakaway System
  3. PicoSat
Upcoming Planned Parts:

1. Thermal Drag Grid
  2. Decent Pod
  3. Launch Elevator
  4. Launch/Decent Pod System

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Version 2 is now released, packed with a lot of new custom parts to improve your rocket design!

Additional Items:

1. Petal Fairings - An alternative to fairings, these ones don't explode off your rocket potentially getting caught up in the payload (it happens). Rather a far more elegant solution they open up like flower petals allowing the space craft to exit the enclousure.
Comes in 4 variants:

• Tube for Apollo-like operation (where your store the lander in the fairing and the orbiter on top) this one will adapt to the payload (not fairing) placed on top.
  • Massive Tube (just like the tube... but big enough to fit a whole full accent rocket in it!

1. Vertical Landing Gear
    These compact landing gear extend straight down past your engine nozzle for a more comfortable landing when size/slimness is a premium or you don't want to add areodyanmics to the side of your rocket. Great for SSTO (single stage to orbit) rockets.
  2. Hidden Seperator
    As the Truss Separator is getting an improvement I decided to split the invisiable separatro option off it into its own separate part. This allows you to add it in on your spacecraft without that visible "this is clearly the separator". Also retracts on use.
  3. Solar Radiator
    Reduces "Heat" from upcoming items that produce "Heat" and a small amount of Electricity
  4. MegaCHUTE Deorbiter
    Basically a massive parachute to reduce your upper atmosphere speeds fast, however be prepared for a very loooooong decent.
Fixes:

1. Truss Separator
    After much negative feedback these have gotten a MAJOR upgrade in looks to appear more "truss like" with an appropriate number of trusses for various widths. The invisiable portion was removed to become the "Hidden Separator" as its no longer compatible.
  2. Cargo Bay Doors
    Additional capbilities added, the floor will release everything attached, and in the center of the bay is a docking port for payload capture.
Other Parts Unchanged:

3. PicoSat
Upcoming Planned Parts:

1. Thermal Drag Grid
  2. Decent Pod
  3. Launch Elevator
Elevator huh, i wonder where did that came from ;)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This Spaceflight Simulator Custom Part Pack comes with some "nice to have" utilities that expand the experiance but don't break game mechanics or provide signficant advantages.

Current Items:
  1. Truss Seperators, now you can see what is between your stages (also capable of changing colour/shapes)
  2. Cargobay, for when you want to launch a shuttle worth of payload.
  3. 45 Degree struts and connector for more elaborate super structures
  4. Rover Core (a rover core without torque so its harder to flip your rover in low-grav situations, also has extendable wheels if you really want to get your payload weight down. Just don't flip it upsidedown or you'll be stuck!)
Future Planned Items
  1. Hinged Fairlings, because they look cool.
  2. Flag, make your mark on alien soil.
  3. Pocket Landing Gears, for when you want to be fancy!
  4. Walker system, cause rolling is for wusses.
  5. Functional Piston & Rotator
Latest Release Available Here --> https://github.com/EmberSkyMedia/SFS_ESM_Utility

Truss Separator in Action (Video)

No-Torque Rover Core with its own wheels (optional if you want to use them or not)
View attachment 88280

Cargobay (Smallest Size - Open) with 3 PicoSats which are equiped with solar panels
View attachment 88281

Its a Giraffe made with 45 deg parts
View attachment 88282
Giraffe or long neck dinosaur? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered

Additional Items:

Comes in 4 variants:

1. Vertical Landing Gear
  2. Hidden Seperator
  3. Solar Radiator
  4. MegaCHUTE Deorbiter
Fixes:

1. Truss Separator
  2. Cargo Bay Doors
Other Parts Unchanged:

3. PicoSat
Upcoming Planned Parts:

1. Thermal Drag Grid
  2. Decent Pod
  3. Launch Elevator
Awsome a single Landing gear can lift up broiche's Saturn v!

Hello I tried this mod and the cone doesnt open. i have the newest version and every thing works exept for the cones and Tubes. Is there a fix for that?

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
What happened to the rover core and when will the rover part pack come out?

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Version 4 Released!!

Pack now has almost 40 items… video is well worth the watchtime.